Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Virginia and North Carolina (USA)
On a topic I haven't seen yet on this forum: I would really love to hear the worst y'all have faced from the anti hunters as male hunters. I received probably one of the most vulgar, evil and graphic messages I have ever received from an anti-hunter this evening. And trust me....I've been attacked plenty by the antis and by male hunters because I am a woman and I hunt. The message was so horrible, I couldn't report it fast enough. And I also feared that if my husband saw it, he'd throw my laptop out the window. He's so far beyond the social media sites and reading the messages I receive. I don't live in a world with that kind of filth. So....have any of you been attacked to the point it left you shaking? I would also love to hear from other women.

So sorry to hear that people have issues like that. I have a hard time understanding that kind of mentality. Keep your chin up, ignore when possible, confront and/or report the personal attacks, and filter as much as you can. Spend your time with people that think like you, such as here on A.H. Again, my regret that you have to deal with that cr@p.

Don't take much stock in what comes from someone hiding behind thousands of miles and a screen name. They probably never done anything positive to help any cause. They spew hate and discontent only to improve their miserable lives. My son has a new way of dealing with bad situation . Bless you and walk away. How's Ron White say that , " you can't teach stupid". We know what kind of people we are the opinoin of some unreasonable person we have never met and will never meet should not be given a moment of concern. Live your life to the fullest enjoy what you love to do.

You probably are being attacked so viciously for much the same reason black conservatives are...people are so upset that you are not following their paradigm.

I hope you never get enough experience at this to get used to it. At the same time, I wish you the best in finding a way to deal with it. Sorry, I don't have any tips! People don't attack me, likely because they figure I am past being reformed.

Tim

Can't say I have ever had any issues thus far but I am still in the stone age when it comes to social media. My wife on the other hand is a different story. She has had several issues/comments regarding some of her posts about hunting and the outcome is always the same...delete. It does bother her I think to some extent but once she realizes these are people that haven't a clue about hunting and chances are , no job either. That reducing the give-a-d*mn factor.

I have only endured snide remarks, nothing really aggressive. But, they usually stop when they realize that they have mistaken me for someone who gives a sh** ! I have all day for someone with different ideas, but I lack patience for zealotry in any form. I am sorry you were victimized by this person. Your family is a source of strength and your advantage in this type of situation. Just make sure your husband opens the window first ;)

Haters are going to hate, nothing you can do about it. Walk away from such fool hardy crap and don't dwell on it. There are plenty of ignorant people in this world. Arguing with them will only leave you more frustrated.

Received a threat from a friend of a friend on Facebook. Just once. Others jumped on to the guy for how he acted. No FB friends have ever said anything to me. But by far most of my FB friends I know from more than just on the internet. A few fellow AH'ers, but obviously there's not issue there.

Don't plan on FB being of much help. I reported the clown who most definitely crossed a line, but they did not even take his post down. Print out the screens and keep any/all documentation from FB. If it's bad enough, hand it over to your local police. There are in fact laws against making threats on the internet.

I received probably one of the most vulgar, evil and graphic messages I have ever received from an anti-hunter this evening.

There will always be those that think this way, by attacking the hunting community and claiming they are right and we are wrong.
I have been a hunter all my life and I have seen what hunters do for conservation, not one day, NOT ONE have I met an anti-hunter that did something for the sake of Conservation. They sit in an office sending mails to older individuals and defrauding them form the little income they have.
These people are ignorant and think that meat comes from the grocery store.
My best advice would be not to reply at all, this is what they want and as soon as you reply or retaliate they will get their buddies to join in and attack you even more.

Pray for them is all you can do, for a human that think and say such things to another human needs just that.
Show them you are a better person.
Thanks for sharing, hope and pray you get through this.

That is the way cowards with very small minds that can hide behind the internet/post office/phone act.
Few if any would be willing to say the same face to face.
They are always looking for a reaction/reply. That is what they get off on. Some may not really feel that way but do so for the reaction. They are like the person who stirs up stuff between 2 people just so they can sit bad and watch what happens.

Best response- Do not read whole thing--Delete-Block sender if possible.--------------Then go on with your life and not look back because your life is defiantly much better than theirs. Some may be jealous you are able to do what you do and they are not. Plus you are are enjoying doing so while they have nothing in their pathetic lives

My daughter is a hunter and will not take any crap from anyone face to face. She will just tell them where to go and move on.

I am glad you are a hunter. We need more like you and my daughter

I guess we (my wife hunts) have been fairly lucky. Neither of us wears our hunting or our participation in shooting sports on our sleeve. But if asked "What did you do on your vacation/weekend" etc.. we will answer truthfully; we'll never get on a soap-box or lecture .

Those that are interested inquire further.
Those that have a problem with it usually keep quiet or know voicing any negative opinion results in a response somewhat akin to "you asked, we answered and if you have a problem with it then quit talking to us". The same goes for social situations involving shooting and firearms in general.

One of the worst situations we've ever encountered happened to my wife when she took some ring bologna to work for a pot luck gathering. It was from her first buck and she was quite proud of it. It was also fairly expensive to have made from venison, port & spices. Everyone expressed their liking. One co-worker asked explicitly what was in it. When my wife answered she made very pointed gagging sounds followed by the spitting of the bologna out on a napkin followed by a trip to the ladies room. No one else had an issue.

Sorry that you've had to experience such BS and hatred from such ignorant morons. When it comes to posting any pics on my FB page regarding my experience with hunting I block the people I know that would have an issue (my brother, my best friend, my mother, my aunt and so on). Granted, I only have a a few friends but some of them are vegan, activists and so on. I am not trying to hide from anyone but I also don't need to stoke the fire. The friends I wish to share my pics with appreciate my efforts, I haven't had any problems so far. Knock/touch wood. Just limit the viewers to your posts to people that actually have a clue. Personally, I hate to sell-out but it's worth it not to have the negative stress. One can't fix stupid or ignorant behavior. You are a strong huntress, something to be very proud of. Unfortunately there are those that will always try to bring you down. Hang tough! As hunters we see the positive influence of our contributions first hand. We can see the people in the villages that benefit from our cash and our quarry. We as hunters provide work and sustenance for not only the people but the animals, land and country. We see where our money goes..Much better than sending a check to some charity organization that promises to feed 10 people a day with our 1.00 donation per/day. Be proud and don't pay any mind to the haters girl..

Last edited:
Depressed little cowards hiding behind their computers and hurling insults at women.

I fight the urge to reply at all.
Delete, Ban, Done.

I'm with Wayne.

They either want you to react, in which case not reacting is the right move. Or, they are so beyond reason that it doesn't matter, in which case not reacting is the right move.

In a way I feel for these people, as they are ignorant at best and sick at worst. I don't let them bother me, most days.

@WALKINGPREY2 I am sure you have the full support of all here on AH. As previously mentioned delete and move on.

For my wife it was quite the opposite, after she shot her first buck she received praise and admiration from those in our community as they know not only the importance of hunting but how difficult it can be. There are people out there that are against it BUT there is just as many people out there that support what we do! Stick with them.

Sad that people forget their manners online. IMO, just someone doesn't share your personal beliefs doesn't mean they can be the target of you bile.

First, I am very sorry you had to deal with that. Those "people" are ridiculous. With that being said it is no use arguing with them or even responding. I wouldn't let it get to you because that's exactly what they are trying to do. Just ignore it and go on. They are idiots.

Shame that you had such experiences. I haven't had much experience with hatred for hunting but I limit how much I share it. The worst I've had is just mild comments. I limit what I do online and keep hunting photos, stories, etc on hunting forums. I do have a facebook but don't make any posts or use it, I do have a couple photos and one or two are of hunting but thats it. I also only talk about hunting with those I know that hunt or are non-hunters but don't have an issue with hunters. With strangers, new friends, etc you can always test the waters to avoid arguments, just ask if they hunt and if they say no, hate it, etc than you can say I'm ok with hunting and move on. Although certain areas you generally don't have to worry about anti-hunters. In Nebraska I don't worry about anti-hunters but in New York its not a hot conversation topic. I have had some discussions with people whom are against hunting but I won't articulate if someone is angry, yelling, etc. I usually bring up the points its a much more humane death than what their normal deaths would be. Pretty much no wild animal dies of old age (some do like old bull elephants but thats not common) were they usually die of predators, starvation/dehydration, or disease. Plus from a bullet/arrow its much quicker and generally less painful due to adrenalin etc that numbs the pain. Its also obtaining more natural food and not buying it at a grocery store. I ask if they eat meat and just say I'm cutting out the middle man, the cow, pig, etc that they are buying meat of had a worse death than the animals I shoot. It also pays for the conservation of the animals, without legal hunters the animals would be very worse off, over population, poaching, no protection of them or proper management, couldn't provide wildlife sanctuaries, etc as their would be very little money. Anti-hunters provide very little money towards protecting the wildlife. If someone wants to have a friendly discussion then fine, but if someone is going to be rude, mean, etc than just walk away, block them, report them, etc. No need to deal with the stress. All the best.

Sorry to hear about your problem, more common than one thinks. Myself and my wife have been "targeted" on a few occasions on social media, unfortunately always the same uninformed anti's that spew the most garbage.
I have only ever lost my temper once, it was not nice, but it had the desired affect.

Unfortunatly there are now hundreds of Anti groups on FB and once your photo or name appears on their page, you are in for some problems for a long long time.
I now screen every single person that sends a request if anything does not add up I simply ignore the request.
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure, so I just play by different rules on social media now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross