CZ 550 Magnum - AHR(American Hunting Rifles)

Aye Spike, came out well! Thanks for the kind words! Now where is my passport..

It's an awesomely beautiful rifle.

I would prefer a sight hood on the front sight ..... but, hey, who asked me?

Have a lot of fun with it.

Strange to think that until the 90's CZ or BRNO rifles were almost unknown in the US .....

Very nice work, a beautiful rifle indeed. The wood is awesome and the satin bluing is a perfect fit. as far as a front hood,,,I guess I like them, but, don't feel they are required.

side note; Just pulled my foot out of my gunsmiths ass and I guess I am finally getting my 458 in one month (fingers crossed) as promised. BTW lost my boot up there, butt, I think he got my point. 4yrs in the making, yes,,,,,,,,,, I am a little more than excited.

Congatulations on a very handsome rifle. Be careful not to knock that front bead in the bush, though..carry a spare or two if you can. Good hunting..!

Beautiful rifle! What does something like that run?

hmm

Thanks for the replies! Good point about the "no hood", Ill be careful not to knock it too much.
As for prices, us lefties gets gouged on a regular basis but its about half of what you would pay for a M98 custom rifle from one of the big gunmakers.

More money to spend on hunting!

CZ certainly overcharges us left handers.

Unless he has changed, Wayne (AHR) charges the same for work on left or right hand rifles.

Left handed AHR DGR which was what I ordered carries a 1000 dollar premium over the right handed version.
I ordered a quarter-rib too bumping it up to 7,6k as well as nitre blueing and some other extras..

But as they say, buy once - cry once.
Its a lifetime investment and the inflation causes the price to soar as the hourly rates adjust - better just be done with it!

be sure and post some pics of the targets so we can see how it shoots....:beer:

But as they say, buy once - cry once.
Its a lifetime investment and the inflation causes the price to soar as the hourly rates adjust - better just be done with it!

Forward thinking...LIKE IT A LOT! Wish I had done more of it in this lifetime.

that is one fine looking firearm
it just jumps up and says this is serious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross