CZ 550 front sight bead..

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by DOC-404, Jan 27, 2011.

1. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Hey Guys,
    I just don't like leaf sights,so I use a NECG peep sight on my CZ .375 when I choose not to use my scope. I also don't like a front sight hood. I'm looking for a sturdy and hi-viz front sight that will survive the bush without that pesky hood. Any ideas or suggestions?
  2. 35bore

35bore AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    First, you choice of "peep" sights is excellent, NECG has an excellent reputation. Second, just take the hood off of the front sight, hunters have done it for years. If what you are hunting is that close, CZ has a nice front sight, I think a white bead front sight will work just fine. If you really have to have a Hi-Viz front sight there are alot of quality sights out there. My 2 cents make the first couple shots count with the scope still on the rifle. Scott
  3. classicsafari

classicsafari AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Aus, New Zealand,New Calidonia, Mongolia, Zim and Moz
    I find the CZ bead great for sighting in with but just to small for hunting use. They do come off easly when depresing the holding stud but I'm not sure if you can get a larger CZ bead.
  4. AkMike

AkMike AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA-Life ASSRA DRSS
    Have a look at NECG's website. They have alot of different sizes and such.
  5. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    ..problem is,the factory sight is too flimsy to leave uncovered and my eyes need something that is easier to pick up. A nice solid bead that I can see and that is robust is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the leads.