Albert GRANT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Also came across a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 with a full manlicher style stock. Not sure if that is something anyone would be interested in on here but thought I'd put it out there. They are asking $950. Can't seem to get pics to load, but I can email them to anyone who wants them. Not great pics but enough to get a good idea

Albert where do you come up with these rifles? You got a friend getting rid of a collection?

Just happen to be people close to my area putting them up right now. As I can't make use of them at this time I figured I'd try to help some fellow members out. Seem like pretty good prices but I am new to the African gun thing

If you come across a Ruger Model 1 in stainless steel.....375 let me know! Thanks

Looking for a match to your other one Charlie? Will keep an eye out now for sure

Albert, this is a picture of a similar one, if that can help...

Attachments

• CZ-505-455-3_zpsf2b72f50.jpg
    CZ-505-455-3_zpsf2b72f50.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, thanks. Looks just like the one here only it has a lighter colored stock. I'm only passing along a local deal, but I appreciate you putting it up!

You're welcome...

A delightful rifle, I must say. Trim, light, handy, and knocks down buffalo as well as a .375, from all I have seen.

image.jpg

Looking for one like this Albert! Thanks

Ya that's what I thought. That the .458?

No that's a 300 Win Mag. The 458 Lott is blue steel and walnut stock.

Oh, my mistake. Def see why you want the matching .375 then! If we find it I bet you will be looking to swap out that ..458 too then won't you?;)

No I don't typically let go of my rifles especially when they have a story. The 458 was the back up rifle on my elephant hunt. My son carried it and he knew that if I buggered up the head shot everyone was going to be shooting at that elephant! His job was to aim for the hip. So it will get handed down! The 375 would just complete my a Ruger 1 battery!

Ya I can see that! I will be looking for you, Charlie

actually not sure if they are made in 375Ruger ?

@matt85 just purchased one , I think he got an even better deal ?

Great rifle, I own a 9.3x62 and 6.5x55. The problem with the price is that you can get them all day long from the bigger on line shops for $799-825. Unless that rifle for sale has a scope or other accessories it is overpriced.

@matt85 just purchased one , I think he got an even better deal ?

correct, I paid $685 + shipping for the rifle I just bought. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=553876662

$950 is much too expensive, ive seen these pretty often for around $800 or less. here are some links to guns for cheaper:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=557067921
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_63_971/products_id/411540544

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg