Jody

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
North America. South Africa
In response to several inquiries about woodwork, yes, I do custom woodworking for taxidermy. The style Of finish that most are asking for is a distressed look that I have been developing for the last couple of years. I was looking for a finish that was unique, rustic and easy to hide blemishes. I was tired of pedestals, plaques and habitat bases looking like they came from a cabinet shop. I wanted my woodwork to look like I found a couple of old boards next to a barn and made something out of it. The post "let's see your game rooms" shows the wainscot and crown molding I did in This fashion. Below are a couple of samples of my work. I start with the best red oak I can get at the mill and then start the long process of distressing it.
I've never sold anything online, mainly because I've never thought about were to start, but if any AH member was interested I'm sure it would not be hard to ship plaques for euro mounts or small habitat bases. Pedestals weight about 55lbs. That might be a little costly to ship. I'm in the Pittsburgh area.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois