Custom CZ550 idea

Ed here- Matt clued me in that there is the big
bore fever on the loose here.We can help.

Ok, my 585 HE goes in any long action bolt gun
that feeds a Gibbs. As well as Ruger#1 and other
singleshots. First two AUS buffalos killed with
the 585HE was in a Ruger #1.

The CZ550 works, the MRC PH action works, sporterized Enfields, got lot of them out there,
big Rugers 77s, got one in mag Mauser,
one in a big BBK. got bunch in break actions

We have barrels of cases, thousands of them,
and Bertram has thousands of cases, we and McGowen got barrels, we and CH4D got dies,
Join in the fun.

There is more info in the double gun thread
on here, Ed

I would say half of you statment may be true but its only a problem if it bothers me right.
Before you know it will have an intervention group siting you down to get you to admit your problem! ;)

The CZ550 works, the MRC PH action works, sporterized Enfields, got lot of them out there,
big Rugers 77s, got one in mag Mauser,
one in a big BBK. got bunch in break actions
Ed;
Please help out a relative newbie to the World of big bores and classic old guns/actions.
Will any CZ in 375 H&H be a big enough action? Seems there are plenty of those around and as this is a CZ 550 thread, thought I would start there.

I know just enough about actual Mausers to be dangerous.. .How do tell it is Magnum and what are the typical chambering's there are in?

And finally I am completely ignornt on Enfields so any info and maybe pictures you can provide would help.

A CZ 550 will do, iand f it is 375 you have to do
the work to make it feed and make long
mag box like CZ factory has for the Gibbs case.
Or buy long box. and fit to the action.

Magnum mausers are longer than 98s, easy
to see, and they will be heat treated right.

The enfields we use are the m17 and p14.Here is picture of sporterized one. Ed
enaf2.jpg

Attachments

• enaf2.jpg
    enaf2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
Ed;
Please help out a relative newbie to the World of big bores and classic old guns/actions.
Will any CZ in 375 H&H be a big enough action? Seems there are plenty of those around and as this is a CZ 550 thread, thought I would start there.

I know just enough about actual Mausers to be dangerous.. .How do tell it is Magnum and what are the typical chambering's there are in?

And finally I am completely ignornt on Enfields so any info and maybe pictures you can provide would help.

so bob when are you getting one??????????;):D

No time soon, but as I travel around, if I find a nice gun with a workable action at a decent deal, I would see no reason to not pick it up.... You never know? I am just hoping my 505 gets back from the shop in time to take it along in April... Only 40 days till we leave! And we need gun permits yet so might have to revert back to one of the 416's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!