Custom 404J Half Off 2 Weeks Only

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I have a bunch of rifles and need to trim for my next hunt. Will pull the ad in two weeks.

I have a custom rifle built by one of the nation's foremost rifle makers, Dennis Erhardt. You'll be hard pressed to find his work for less than $10,000 as he's been featured in numerous books and articles. He was featured in the seminal work: Custom Rifles by Steven Dodd Hughes amongst many others. I'd love to use it but if someone wants to give me fifty cents on the dollar, I'll reluctantly accept. Only posting as I retrieved the gun from long term storage for an AH member that had a change of heart so now its in my office sitting around.

Don't really wish to provide show and tell pictures that end with "sure wish I could afford it" banter or "will you take payments and trades" . Contact me if you'd like more information if you're sincerely interested at the no-nonsense price posted.

Stock is AA french walnut. Ebony forend tip. Steel grip cap. Orange English style pachmayer recoil pad. LOP is 13-7/8". Model 70 safety. Dual crossbolts. Wraparound forend checkering. Stock has right hand shooter cheekpiece and English DG rifle styling.

Here's the build sheet and MSRPs:

Kimber 8400 Medium Magnum Action (Caprivi Type) $3,270.00
Engraving by Jerome Glimm, Gun Engraver's Guild Member (Gold line sights, scroll bottom metal, stipple bridge, engrave barrel and bolt, recoil lugs $1,650.00
Talley Signature Bases and Quick Detach 30mm rings $172.00
Custom Standing and two folding rear island sight $180.00
Custom front ramp with foldover Holland and Holland type night bead. $280.00
Swarovski 1-6x24 Z6i EE illuminated scope $2,831.00
Barrel Band $168.00
Trigger job $150.00
Action smoothing, rail work and feed adjustments for .404J $350.00
Custom Barrel Blank (23" barrel) $500.00
Chamber, crown, headspace, lap barrel. Install Rear Island sights. Install Front ramped sights. $565.00
Shoot and regulate sights $250.00
Hornady custom grade dies and shell holder $124.00
Pillar and glass bed $300.00
Bluing $350.00

$11,140 retail. Will take $5570 plus shipping.

Too rich for your blood? I'll remove the new swarovski scope. Minus scope total retail: $8309. Half price is $4155.

If it doesn't sell, I'll use it for leopard and eland in June. If it does, I'll use something else.

Condition is unfired since built. Minor safe dings. 99% condition. Decals still on scope. Needs proper 20-50 round break in period as only firing was for sight regulation by the gunsmith.

Last edited:
great deal on what I am sure is a great rifle.. GLWS

Pictures? Not that I can afford it but it sounds like a work of art

Based on your previous posts with the rifles and guns you have owned and sold, I am convinced this will be a hell of a deal for someone, with or without the scope. Hoping you have reason to post a pic or two in the next two weeks!

Wow, what a great price!

Thanks for the reminder. No longer available.

I'll advertise my other cull from collection guns in a couple weeks.

I have a rigby, cased in .303 and the 450/400 certus, cased. Both will be around $4000 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross