Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, PHASA, IPHA, DSC Life Member.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
Hi guys I will be running the following Crocodile hunting special for 2015 on our area located on the North bank of Cahorra Bassa in Mozambique.
Our area is well known for excellent trophy crocodile, our largest for the season past, being a tad over 17' with a solid average just shy of 15' on trophy quality.
Below is a custom package I have put together for a true crocodile hunt in a true wilderness area.
Ph's will predominantly be myself or Hardus, or Reinhard.

Croc 2 x 1 package
7 nights (6 hunting days) x U$700 = U$ $4900
Tag Fee @ $ 1175
Trophy @ $ 2325
Total U$ 8650
Extras/not included
*Transport (Tete) round trip, 4 hours by car and an additional 1:30 by boat. 250 USD p.p
*Own Gun import 500 USD
*any additional trophies (depending on quota available)
*taxidermy fees as well as dipping packing and shipping of trophies from Chimoyo .

OUR RIFLES WILL BE AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE.
Also included are
*all meals
*all drinks
*trophy fee as well as daily rates as above
*fully licensed PH (Mozambique and more specifically in Tete province)
*Hunting Card/License

Once again this is most probably one if the most prime locations for true crocodile hunting in Africa.

My very best always

With the size of crocs you are taking it does sound like you have one of the best locations for a monster.

All the best in selling a few hunts.(y)

Exactly what I was thinking Wheels!

I know if Zim where I went anything 13 feet or over was considered a shooter. I thought that was pretty good, but this is better for sure on average.

As mentioned above our largest was just shy of 17'2" we average around 15' the chances for an able bodied hunter with a dedication to hunt a large croc to connect with something in excess if 14' and well over is not a unrealistic expectation to have.

Big crocodile do occur... ;)
My best always

As mentioned above our largest was just shy of 17'2" we average around 15' the chances for an able bodied hunter with a dedication to hunt a large croc to connect with something in excess if 14' and well over is not a unrealistic expectation to have.

Big crocodile do occur... ;)
My best always

Jaco,

Can you post a photo of the 17 footer. Just want something to dream about. ;)

A couple of others if you have them would be great also!

For sure I am traveling as we speak, and myself and Hardus finalized this while driving,

But here is but some...
ENJOY!

17 footer.
image.jpg

15 footer
image.jpg
image.jpg

15'9"
image.jpg

14'4"
image.jpg

Sometimes we get to do a little hunting ourselves...
image.jpg

And all of this in one of the most stunning settings in Africa!
Lake sunrise
image.jpg

Duangwa river late afternoon.
image.jpg

My very best as always

Great trophies and photos. Cahorra Bassa grows some biguns.

Thanks for posting.

Wheels, no problem! These incredible Lizards are as extreme of a hunt as any other specie...

They are very difficult to get up on, and have super senses, it truly is a challenge to hunt quality old crocodiles such as these pictured above.

Not quite a holiday, but most hunters will enjoy the challenge... :)

My very best always

And those pictures show what a value this hunt really is!

Sounds like a very fun hunt and an excellent value (y) You certainly take some monster crocs!
A couple questions for you Jaco. How much will a croc in that size range weigh? How many croc do you expect to take in the 2015 season?
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
P.S. Ended up adding Sable and Roan (split between us) to existing hunt for 2015. Hoping Buff may be in the cards for 2017/2018. Will be in touch ;)

We have 100 miles of (straight line lake front) as well as the various rivers running into the lake.
We receive 15 croc on quota every year, all crocs harvested are the quality as above.
As for weight it varies, I believe the lake crocs grow quite big because of the availability of food, these crocs are well known for the fish they eat out of local fishermen a nets as well as an average of one fisherman a day around the lake.

I would say the 14' and up crocs vary in weight like humans.
You get the fatty's! Which can be longs and the skinny's

Average on weight I would say would be
1000 - 1600 lbs I have never weighed one, I have seen and heard stories of 1 ton crocs but have not (as far as I know) hunted one yet. :)

My best always

Incredible! Could a hippo, sable, or both be added? If so what would be a ballpark figure on a hunt like that? Are all of these animals exportable to the U.S.?

Gizmo, crocodile and Sable/leopard/lion and the other species we have are, unfortunately for now hippo are NOT.

This is mainly my Leopard/lion/croc area, unfortunately we do not have sable here (they are up on our Niassa area.
Other species that could be added to the croc, would be Kudu, Chobe bush buck, hyena, grysbuck.

They do allow us to take ration hippo from time to time.

The hippo issue has hurt us allot! Like the Zimbabweans on the Elle's as we received 10 on quota a season.

My best always

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm trying to figure out what I want for 2017/18. I'm thinking either a leopard, a pg bow hunt, or some combo of croc sable hippo.

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm trying to figure out what I want for 2017/18. I'm thinking either a leopard, a pg bow hunt, or some combo of croc sable hippo.

Why not leopard/croc then? Get Jaco to send you a quote at least as it might not be as $$$ as you think.

I try to take at least two expensive animals at a time. I'm limited on both time and money and it seems to be the best way to get value from both. My first big hunt was buff/hippo and I want my next big hunt to be leopard/tuskless in a perfect world.

Great offer in a great area. In my opinion Cahorra Bassa is the best area for Hippo and Crocodile.
If there is a time in my life I miss the most, it's the time I hunted on the Southern bank of the Cahorra Bassa. Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent offer there Jaco (y)(y)(y)

Merry Christmas Jaco,

A very nice and tempting offer, you are putting out on the table...

Makes many think, can i fit that in next year...

Why not leopard/croc then? Get Jaco to send you a quote at least as it might not be as $$$ as you think.

I try to take at least two expensive animals at a time. I'm limited on both time and money and it seems to be the best way to get value from both. My first big hunt was buff/hippo and I want my next big hunt to be leopard/tuskless in a perfect world.
That's a good idea, I'm taking that approach with my lion/buff this summer. I was just worried about the price with those two together.

That's a good idea, I'm taking that approach with my lion/buff this summer. I was just worried about the price with those two together.

I hear ya, but the Sable, Hippo, and Croc you mentioned ain't cheap either! Worth asking for sure. :)

Leopard/croc is a BIG YES! By far one of the best areas I have ever hunted for Leopard, with it being my primary Leopard area it should mean something.

Let me know if you need some info.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement guys! :) :) :) ;)

My best always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!