Crocodile bow hunt

I would really like to do an archery croc/hippo hunt in 2014. So naturally, I'm soaking up any information I can on this endeavor. Thanks for sharing Fritz!

Steve Korbine shared similar information w/ me, while I was in Reno for the SCI Convention. He pretty much said the same thing-shoot a croc half way between the front and rear legs-mid way up the body. Do you have a bow weight recommendation? Can I use a lighter draw weight bow (thinking in terms of better accuracy and remaining seated in a blind situation)? What ranges should a peson expect?

Thanks in advance.

I almost forgot this story. Started reading it a few days ago and got side tracked by that dam work thing. Work always get in the way of my AH reading! Thanks again for the great read!

I would really like to do an archery croc/hippo hunt in 2014. So naturally, I'm soaking up any information I can on this endeavor. Thanks for sharing Fritz!

Steve Korbine shared similar information w/ me, while I was in Reno for the SCI Convention. He pretty much said the same thing-shoot a croc half way between the front and rear legs-mid way up the body. Do you have a bow weight recommendation? Can I use a lighter draw weight bow (thinking in terms of better accuracy and remaining seated in a blind situation)? What ranges should a peson expect?

Thanks in advance.

You could perhaps do it with a normal 70lb bow but your location is more important than your bow. I have done a few crocs over the years and found out the hard way that not every place that have crocs is suitable to hunt them with a bow.
To hunt them the way that Steve does you need the perfect location. It is the one animal that gives us a lot of problems with getting the right location with the right size croc.
Crocs are COMPLETELY different to Gaitors in temperament and behavior.

Fritz,

Steve shared the exact information you have given me. I have my eye on an outfitter in Zambia. The plans are not solid, but I have begun the process. I will be hunting with three other gents all wanting to collect big five and dangerous game trophies. I am so looking forward to the day!

Zambia is a great place. Depending on where you go, you will have a great time. I wish you the best of luck.

As comical as this story is, re-reading it several times now, sounds like going after a Grizzly with a toothpick. Sorry Fritz, I want no part of it.:p

Hi Fritz

As a fellow South African, I'm going to comment in your mother tongue !

" Fritz, jou kop raas verskriklik ! "
( roughly translated - Fritz, you hear terrible noises / sounds in your head ! - ie: you must be MAD ! )

Great story bud, there is NO WAY, you gonna get me into that water after a wounded Croc !

:D Like I said before.
I have grown some brain cells since then. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LashawnHay

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,