Corey Knowlton Texas hunter bags his rhino on controversial hunt in Namibia

I'm looking into putting my primary home on the market. When I had a realtor walk through this home recently, her first remark when she walked into the great room (without even referencing the trophies), "You know some people will be offended by this." I told her, "Great. Because I have three more coming." I then went on to discuss the importance of hunting. She said, at the time, that she had no idea. I saw her again today so that I could look at other properties for me to purchase. She mentioned in our time together how she saw the CNN program on Corey Knowlton's rhino hunt. She said that after our previous discussion, the importance of his hunt made so much more sense. She would not have known otherwise. This woman will now go on to also educate others. It has a domino affect. The moral of this story is to use such opportunities to keep on educating. :)

:A Clapping: Congrats to him! Great looking animal as well! I love the animal rights people.... If they love them so much, perhaps they will decide to start an adopt a rhino program! Starting bid, $350,000.00..... :A Blink: Any takers? No? Ok, hunters 1, activist 0! Hunters win the conservation game!:A No1:

funny you talk about the adopt a rhino programme
last year on the place my wife hunted a giraffe
the owner was saying that if the horn trade was opened .every one would own a rhino , every 3 years cut a chunk of horn its snout , to supply the demand .let it grow back ,
to do the same again in three years
lots of problems solved ;
lots of rhino
none die for the horn
half billion asains with a strong sex drive
wal-arr problem solved ................

If the Asian ignorant demand for the horn were the only problem, the demise of the rhino could be more easily "fixed". The real problem is the forever greed of the Black Market. The same market involved in the illegal sell of guns, drugs and humans (for sex, labor and organs). The rhino horn could be farmed (the rhino horn being humanely removed with no harm to the rhino) to help supply the demand. But the ever evil Black Market won't allow for that because it would reduce the price of rhino horn and they would lose money. What ultimately leads to the extinction of the rhino will be this Black Market. Which will then lead to the extinction of the elephant, tiger, lion, leopard and so on and on, with whatever produces more revenue playing off stupid human greed and addictions. Such is the fallen world we live in.

If the Asian ignorant demand for the horn were the only problem, the demise of the rhino could be more easily "fixed". The real problem is the forever greed of the Black Market. The same market involved in the illegal sell of guns, drugs and humans (for sex, labor and organs). The rhino horn could be farmed (the rhino horn being humanely removed with no harm to the rhino) to help supply the demand. But the ever evil Black Market won't allow for that because it would reduce the price of rhino horn and they would lose money. What ultimately leads to the extinction of the rhino will be this Black Market. Which will then lead to the extinction of the elephant, tiger, lion, leopard and so on and on, with whatever produces more revenue playing off stupid human greed and addictions. Such is the fallen world we live in.

When we lived in Frankling, TN on bad days I would make a point to stop at the Carter House and go to the old smoke house on the property and count bullet holes in the building. While doing this I would be reminded that a great number of men had a much worse day on Nov. 30, 1864 than I was having at that moment. It is staggering to remember that in an All-American City such as Franklin, TN 7000 men died in four hours.

I believe the corollary would be the status of U. S. wildlife in the early 1900's. Theodore Roosevelt, Leopold, and the like kept working. They didn't have an option we don't either. Good Days will outnumber bad days.

3 more days of school.:A Banana::A Big Hello::E Dancing:

Not sure of the answer or out come , But will Corey beable to bring any part or a mount back to the US as this is an endangered spieces ....Does CITES make a special provission for this hunt ?
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!