RECIPES: Cooking Wild Game

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Holy cow (pun intended). Has it already been 6 years since I wrote up this stuff?

- browningbbr

Great posts! Thanks!!

Country a Fried Sable Steak with milk gravy.......made by Heidi at Flint Beck Lodge, simply outstanding. The folks on the farm had aged the sable neat 28 days just like a great steak and man was it good!

Soaking a meat (any meat) overnight in milk will take a strong flavor out, mostly. After that season to taste.

I just did 5 pounds of deer burger with 1 pound of ground pork in a crock pot with 6 taco bell seasoning packets. On low for 8 hours. Not even a bit of gamey flavor and I usually can taste a slight bit in most meats. I truly feel I just made a run for the border with this batch!!!

Oh, than try 5 pounds of deer burger with a couple packets of Lipton Onion soup mix, one chopped onion and some water. Cook on low in crock pot for 8 hours mixing. The last hour throw some chopped mushrooms in. Put on cooked egg noodles or rice. Seems to work!!!

image.jpeg

Buy this book the man runs multiple 4 star restaurants and there are over 1000 recipes for all types of game from all over Louisianna. This is hands down the best cookbook I own. All recipes are organized by animal/ game type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IlaCourtne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!