Coast fishing in Namibia

Safari Chick

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
I am in the planning stages right now for my hunting safari in Namibia and have the opportunity to take a side trip to the coast for some fishing. Does anyone here have any experience fishing from the shore or off the coast of Namibia? I was told that it was quite a drive and wonder if the side trip would be worth it? Any information would be truly appreciated.

I don't know were in Namibia your are going to hunt, but I can defiantly recommend a side trip to Swakopmund. I took some of my clients there and all of them were very happy. If it's less then a five hour drive, do it. Henry Loubser take clients out for fishing on a very nice boat, and he will guarantee you fish even under the worst conditions. You can also ask him about shark fishing from the beach.
Swakopmund got much more to offer than just fishing and shopping. You can do desert tours, dolphin cruises, ballooning over the desert and skydiving, to name just a few.
I am taking 2 of my clients there for 4 days during March.
Enjoy Namibia.
Andries.

Thanks for the info

Andries, Thanks for responding to my post, I really wasn't sure anyone would respond because it's kind of an obscure sideline. I will try to contact the guy you mentioned who does the fishing by boat and ask my outfitter if he knows of him. By the way, I had a look at your post in the directory and I was pretty impressed with your photos, nice trophies and resume.

Henry's cell phone number is 0811280621 if you are phoning from inside Namibia. There are a few more fishing guides, but Henry is the best to take you out with his boat.
Enjoy it.
Andries.

I concur with Andries, i know Henry Loubser and his 'hit rate' on coastal boat fishing. There are a lot of close-by beaches around Swakopmund where sharks can be cought from. Swakopmund is in a a way the middle point of popular fishing destinations along the Namibian coast. From here you can move South or up North to find excellent angling spots. Should you have little time (1-2 days) for fishing - i propose a boat outing or trying the coastline within 50 Km South / North direction from Swakopmund. Should you have sufficient time (say 7 days) i strongly suggest you go up North along the coast beyond Henties Bay towards the Skeleton coast - fishing that far North is usually better than closer to Swakopmund. Also check out these sites if you like - all about fishing the coastline.

Fishing Safaris - angling safaris in Namibia

Henties Bay Angling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross