Closest shot

Serval Cat and African Wild Cat brought to bay with hounds. 3-4 metres up a tree. Not much to the shooting but watching and following the dogs was what I was there for. All my PG have been 50-60m. R.

My very first deer when I was a kid was at 10 yards with my dad's Model 88 Winchester .308.

It was just after daylight and my uncle was telling me where to go sit when a spike walked out from behind a cedar tree. The nerve wracking part was trying to work the lever and get the gun loaded without scaring that deer off!!!

I got my klipspringer at about 8 yards.

My closest was a 8 point whitetail buck standing right underneath me while In a tree stand. The most rewarding was my bushbuck at a full charge with my bow and a perfectly placed arrow at less than 10 yards. After avoiding him on his way past me, he stopped at 10 yards and turned and looked at me and came back again. Another shot let loose at less than 10 yards hitting its mark as well. It then took another shot broadside at 15 yards before it expired.

It wasn't Africa, but I shot a whitetail that I had been after at 8 feet with my .357mag Colt Trooper while sitting on the ground up against a tree. That was after letting him walk by at 6 feet! Almost had a heart attack.....lol
Love those Troopers

30 yards on a eland with a bow.
image.jpeg

European red fox 2m 9mm para ..

South Africa 12m Springbok with rifle ......

Roe deer Scotland ...1 m bathroom window .22 rf solid

From a Blind:
Warthog, 6+/- yards (Bow Hunting)

Treed:
Caracal, 4+/- yards (Bow Hunting)

Stalking:
Buffalo 18 yards ranged. (Bow Hunting)

Without a shot: This Aardwolf at about 3 yards. Was still sleeping when I walked away.
Who'd have thought sand was like fresh snow. :)
aardwolf.jpg

At home:

Stalking:
Mule Deer, 1 yard.
Stalked a sleeping deer in the quietist snow I have ever seen and then backed out in my own tracks and sent the kid in to take the shot. I had him follow my tracks and I had to point down at the ground under his nose when he looked back wondering where the deer was. You should have seen the startled reaction to his proximity to the deer. Likely the best stalk I have ever been in on.
All before I took a camera with me everywhere. #@&$%

Don't you just love hunting!!

Last edited:
buff - 10m
elephant - 10m
lion - 18m
AND THE EMBARRASMENT OF MY LIFE.. Kudu 12m... COMPLETE MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

When I was 15 years old, my first buck. a Colombian blacktail at 8ft, still hangs in my trophy room today!

Last edited:
200 lbs boar at 5 yards. I had stalked him into some tall swamp grass I could hear him but couldn't see him. We'll he knew I was there and came charging out at me. One quick shot from my 300, didn't even have time to put my scope on him, he was done but neither me nor him knew it. By the time I had threw down my rifle and drew my .45 he was dead at my feet. The 180 grain partition did it's job right between the eyes.
I'll remember that one for the rest of my life for sure!

Dwarf Buffalo in the rainforest of Cameroon - 3 M on my hands and knees following tracks behind two pygmies they came backing up and when I saw the buffalo in the tunnel one shot from the 375 H&H and it fell. The one on my left was Ramon, great tracker and serious when in the bush but loved to joke around after the hunt - sorta comic relief!

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross