Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
Out of curiosity, do any AH members/oufitters exhibit at the CLA Game Fair in the U.K.?

I know our market isn't as big as in the U.S. but there must be an opening to sell hunts in the U.K.?

There is a dedicated row of booths and stands for overseas exhibitors as I have browsed there several times when I have attended the show.

Adrian i think that most people in the uk that want to hunt in africa tend to go to agents in the uk that friends they shoot with use themselves. as you say its a fairly small market .a few years ago one of the publishers of one of the books that lists who is who in the uk (might have been Debretts cant be 100 pcent) got hold of me and said they canvassed people in the book about what they liked and what info they would like in the book. they told me quite a few were interested in hunting in africa and would my friend and i (a ph with his own area in zambia at the time, but also with links to other countries) be interested in putting an advert in, so we did for 2 years (even got a copy of the book, but def wasnt in it :p) and in those 2 years we never had one enquiry at all. when the book people contacted to try for the 3rd year and i declined they were very surprised when i said none of their people had contacted us. there are a few like some of the uk people who have joined AH to get info on hunting in africa, but i doubt whether it would be worth the money and effort to go to that show. the london chapter of sci (basically the uk chapter in all but name) has just closed due to lack of interest, and the economy stopping people from going to and bidding at any fundraisers. i think it was only the same few keeping it going so they have called it a day. if and when the economy picks up then maybe it might be worth it but.............

It's a shame really. If only U.K. hunters would put in a little leg work instead of dismissing it as an out of reach, expensive hunt.

Yet many travel to Scotland for a few days on the stags or go driven boar shooting on the continent not realising they could enjoy Africa for just a little more.

I guess we in the U.K. are driven more by the ethics of management as opposed to trophy hunting, wires get crossed and people aren't into it.
I suppose if more outfitters offered more in the way of affordable management hunts the market would appeal more to the Brits.

Hi Marius,

Next year it is between 18th-20yh July and Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire. The trouble is it's band in the middle of the hunting season.

Here's a link: CLA Game Fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!