Cheetah Hunting Permit Issuance Halted In Namibia

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AfricaHunting.com, Apr 24, 2009.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Cheetah Hunting Permit Issuance Halted In Namibia For The Remainder Of 2009

This may not be of as much interest to Americans as Cheetah trophies cannot be imported back into the United States, however this may affect many hunters from other countries that do allow Cheetah trophies to be imported under CITES.

Without previous notice, the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) has stopped issuing Cheetah hunting permits for the rest of the 2009 hunting season in Namibia.

Attached is the actual letter that was sent on April 23, 2009 to Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) effective April 24, 2009.

Attached Files:

2. owenowen

owenowen AH Veteran

Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
    info

Hey , I learned something new , i didn't know cheetah's couldn't get imported into the USA- Thats weird why is that ? Why they different to other cat imports ? I know their claws stay extracted unlike other cats , but i'm sure u can import jackals to the USA ?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  3. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    While CITES allows for a limited number of Cheetahs to be sport hunted and exported to other countries, it is an international organization (CITES - Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) and every country can decide independently whether or not they will allow the importation of any given species. So the reason that Cheetah trophies are not allowed to be imported into the U.S. is because it is prohibited by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

4. owenowen

owenowen AH Veteran

Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
    info

HI,

Ok i got it, thanks for the info