Checked bag issues?

It is my understanding that this video is required viewing to obtain a job as a baggage handler at OR Tambo. :D Having said that I have never had a problem with theft in any African airport.

The tip that JGRaider gives is one I have heard also. Probably very good advise.

Three weeks ago when I was at baggage claim at Hartsfield I saw a guy with one of the Pelicans shown below. He said they were indestructible. I don't care for the price but when my existing wheeled duffel bites the dust, this is probably what I will be getting.

http://www.pelicancases.com/luggage-a/262.htm

I have never been a big fan of hard sided luggage but I figure one of these will probably last me the rest of my life.
I have these Pelican cases on order and will post how they work out. Only concern is for international travel is the weight. If it is too heavy to pack my stuff in then I'll go with something else.
Regards,
Philip

I have these Pelican cases on order and will post how they work out. Only concern is for international travel is the weight. If it is too heavy to pack my stuff in then I'll go with something else.
Regards,
Philip

I use the im3300 Storm Case - (Apparently, basically the same as the Pelican) and have never had an issue with weight with two rifles, etc inside.
I hope it works out just as well for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg