Chasse Libre Hunts in Mozambique- Or close to it!

Buff-Buster

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Awhile back, Martin Pieters started a thread that generated at lot of interest as far as a "reduced frills" hunt in the Omay of Zimbabwe. Not sure what ever happened with the concept but I know alot of us here were interested to say the least. Pete Swanapoel with NiassaLand Safaris has a concept and offer that might interest AH members. Check out the following web site.

Chasse Libre the Rough Hunt

Chasse Libre the Rough Hunt

We"re not exactly saying you can wander into the wilds by yourself but our "RoughHunts" bring you pretty close to the real thing that is doing most of it yourself with the help of a few good men.

Typically those countries that lie above the equator the ones where you have to think twice about a visit there, the ones that are ex French or Belgian colonies they allow a type of hunting called Chasse Libre meaning the self guided hunt. Now I have met a few hunters who have foraged into these jungles and savannas usually in search of the more exotic species not found in those "easy" countries. Some have been rewarded with magnificent beasts at prices you can only imagine yet others have ended up on the brink of death, some locked away for a while, others forcibly parted with their cash at gun point or by obstinate officials.

Regardless of these perils, the Chasse Libre hunt still appeals to us because is there not that ultimate test of our adventurous ability and hunting skill at stake? Is this not the closest we can get to stepping back 150 years when Africa was still young in the eyes of civilisation? When men like Cornwallis Harris and Courteney Selous forged paths into the hinterland beyond the veil of British colonial sanctity and brought us those accounts that are still favorites today.

We offer you the opportunity to experience our Africa in a rougher style, a more authentic or rustic manner of safari nevertheless a true challenge and adventure. By law we cannot allow you to hunt without a PH so we provide the basics, the very basics and then the rest is up to you. A good PH, a land cruiser, some rudimentary camping equipment, first aid supplies, clean water and dry goods for your trip naturally trackers and helpers are also present. Sounds very much like a camping set up BUT here"s the difference there is no set camp nor a campsite, no roads where you will be heading, it is just virgin territory with a healthy population of game to seek.

We have over 900,000 acres of open undeveloped hunting land for you to explore at your own time and your own risks and decisions bring your own gear, pre order food supplies, load up and head into the bush!

Gearing UP!

So we literally mean there is no camp, your sleeping arrangements be it in a tent or out in the open your bathing, your toiletry requirements, your clothing and all the extras that you take on a hunting trip back home that"s up to you.

What"s for supper you tell the staff or do the cooking, eat as a group around the fire or pretend you"re the bwana. Make sure you shoot straight otherwise the camp goes hungry or it"s canned beans for supper, perhaps try and catch fish or shoot some birds for the pot.

This is the opportunity to experience Africa as many of us natives did growing up there, a sleeping bag and a crate of beer in the back of the truck, a clean rifle and that"s was it, we headed into the bush to hunt and lived the true essences of what it means to hunt in Africa.

Attachments

• Rough-Hunts-2012.pdf
    637.3 KB · Views: 190
Interesting fee structure for this offer!

I was pretty excited until I saw the fees...

Could buy a lot of cushy hunts for these prices and trophy fees. I like a bed at night and a warm shower.

Way to pricey! I'd rather be at a game ranch in RSA.

I think someone is fishing for suckers.

Coincidentally,I am offering an equally appealing offer right now. I call it the 'gun and run special'. Basically for $800 per day you supply all the food and beverages you can carry. You will really be roughing it because you will not be able to cook over a fire or the landowner may catch you poaching on his property. I will provide a set of wire cutters to get in and a guy to smuggle your trophies out of the country (no waiting for dip/pack or permits), you must supply your own guy to smuggle them into you country. Trophy fees vary and I think it is best if I tell you what they after your safari, to add to your enjoyment.

Email me for more info or to book at RUkidding@Inevermettheguyofficer.com

Had to read a bit to get to the punch lines, very well done. Best laugh I have had in a long time. Kind of like hunting the lankplaas.

Coincidentally,I am offering an equally appealing offer right now. I call it the 'gun and run special'. Basically for $800 per day you supply all the food and beverages you can carry. You will really be roughing it because you will not be able to cook over a fire or the landowner may catch you poaching on his property. I will provide a set of wire cutters to get in and a guy to smuggle your trophies out of the country (no waiting for dip/pack or permits), you must supply your own guy to smuggle them into you country. Trophy fees vary and I think it is best if I tell you what they after your safari, to add to your enjoyment.

Email me for more info or to book at RUkidding@Inevermettheguyofficer.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg