Chapuis and Sabatti double rifles?

I think Sabatti discussions will be going on forever. My two cents:
  • Are Sabatti doubles worth their cost? Yes, if you do your reseach and get a well regulated/non-dremeled rifle.
  • Are Sabatti doubles a piece of crap? Yes, if you buy a non-regulated or dremel regulated rifle.
  • Should you avoid all Sabatti doubles? No, the well regulated rifles are a hell of a value for the money.
  • Are Sabatti doubles as good as a Kriegoff, Chapius, VC, Searcy etc? Are you kidding me? Again, they are a good value for the cost but can you compare a Chevy Impala to a Corvette?
  • Are Sabatti double rifles reliable? ( Kind of an important factor in a DB rifle!) Of all the reports that I have read, no one has every mentioned a problem with reliability. You "pull the trigger - they go "bang"
  • Can you re-regulate a "dremel regulated" Sabatti? I believe so, but you might as well upgrade to a used Merkel/Blaser rather than spend the money?
  • Will a Sabatti double rust up abnormally when it gets wet? All I can say is I live in the swamp called the Texas Gulf coast.
I try to remain open minded and un-biased when it comes to most things. I realize that there are folks out there that dream of hunting Africa some day with a open sighted double in their sweaty palms. Whether it is after elephant, buffalo, or whatever, the only way they may get to fulfill that dream is to purchase a low cost Sabatti instead of a higher quality rifle that cost two, three, maybe four times what the Sabatti costs. Tack that on to the cost of a quality elephant/buf hunt and they may not ever be able to fulfill that dream. Hell, I own a Sabatti 470NE. I also own quite a few, Rugers, Browning, Remingtons, etc... I do not own any high dollar custom made rifles and I assure you that almost all of my "work horse" rifles are sub MOA with proper hand-loads. Point is, if a particular Sabatti is a POS due to improper regulating so be it. I don't think it is fair to condemn them all.

You buy Sabatti only if:
1. You feel lucky
2. You feel lucky and you can shoot it before you buy it
3. You have gunsmith as a friend
4. You live in USA and get you firearm license quickly
5. Your seller/importer will refund you without any questions and you live in USA
6. You are very patient person and you buy rifles just for fun and not to actually use it, so you can wait for a year while you rifle is sent to Italy for repair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross