Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well at the recent TTHA show I met Andri Fox who owns Andri Fox safaris. Spent the week getting to know him so long story short, I cancelled my hunt with Crusader through Cabelas and re booked a lion, buff, and plains game hunt with Andri. Plane tickets are bought and the family and I leave the 28th of June for Africa!!!! Super excited. I'm sure the Crusader folks are great people as they have been highly recommended. Andri and I just clicked and I knew that was the guy I wanted to take my family and I hunting.

Andri is a good friend and a great bugger, you will have a blast with him.
Nothing wrong With Crusader Safaris. This is
Like choosing a red Landcruiser over a blue one.

Have fun and enjoy.

Thanks. Ya, he is an awesome guy. Our booths at the show were next to each other. I don't think I've ever had so much fun at one of those outdoor shows. I'm really looking forward to hunting with him.

As long as you are positive this is the direction you want to take, that is OK. Will you change your mind again before leaving in June?

I kind of look at this like you purchased a house in the country and before you moved in, you went and purchase a different house in the country, and asked for your money back on the first house.

Right, I'm with ya. It is though, not to mention I'm not getting my money back on my first hunt. Cabelas won't refund money.

I don't know Andri but Andrew Pringle of Crusader Safaris is an honest, stand up guy. My wife & I had a great hunt on the Western Cape this past August.

Yes, I've heard nothing but good things about Mr. Pringle. It wasn't anything personal toward him. I'm sure we would have put on a great hunt. Andri was just the guy I wanted to go with. He was able to get exactly what I wanted for the price I wanted. After getting to know him a little I felt like it was what we were looking for. I may only get to go once in my life and I wanted to make sure it was the trip I've dreamed of for the last 34 years.

I've known Andri since 2007. He's a fun guy to be around and a very good hunter. He comes up with some damn fine deals on those SA lions and just good trophies in general.

DO NOT TRY TO OUTDRINK HIM!!!!! ( well that can really be said about all the South Africans I know......) And don't ask me how I know!

All silliness aside he is a really good fellow and you will have a great time with him.

Hope you didn't lose too much dough on the change of hunters.

Lol, right. I found that out hanging out with him for a week in Ft. Worth. I can usually hold my own but i figured out pretty quick that sometimes descresion is the better part of valor! I just know that I better be on my game because by the sounds of the "bushman's ass" concoction you have to drink if you miss it may be a looooooong trip ;-)

Hope you didn't lose too much dough on the change of hunters.
I did loose my deposit, but Andri more than made up for it. I gained a lion with my buff as well as several plainsgame and it was still cheaper than what Cabela's had set up for just a buff and a few plains game animals. At the end of the day I would have been foolish not to switch.

Cabelas was making several thousand dollars for signing me up for the hunt. I'm not mad about it, they have to make money for their service. Thats business but, I should have done more research before falling for the whole " better book now or they'll be full" spiel. Thats my fault. In the end it's all worked out and everybody happy :)

Cabelas was making several thousand dollars for signing me up for the hunt. I'm not mad about it, they have to make money for their service. Thats business but, I should have done more research before falling for the whole " better book now or they'll be full" spiel. Thats my fault. In the end it's all worked out and everybody happy :)
Everybody but Crusader perhaps.:rolleyes:

I would have done the same thing gizmo. Getting a lion in your pkg. for the same price as without one, well.. that's a "no brainer"!!! Have a great trip and have no regrets. Kevin

After you presented the facts concerning your decision. It was a sound decision and most would have done the same thing.

We will be looking forward to your hunting report next year. :)

Good luck on your future hunt.

Lol, right. I found that out hanging out with him for a week in Ft. Worth. I can usually hold my own but i figured out pretty quick that sometimes descresion is the better part of valor! I just know that I better be on my game because by the sounds of the "bushman's ass" concoction you have to drink if you miss it may be a looooooong trip ;-)

Yeah! And if he comes out with a bottle wrapped in barbed wire........run like the wind!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you