AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
We spent 13 days hunt with Hervé, it was his 3rd safari. His main goal was 2 buffaloes and a roan.
He shot his first buff the first morning, we were lucky to spot them from the car while we were looking for tracks. A short stalk and the big black bull stop broadside 50m away.... one shot behind the shoulder and the buff was done!!!! For the next 3 days we decided to hunt red river hog because they are very difficult, they go under cover very early and it is noisy in the thicket,not easy to see and get a shot. One morning we found a sounder just before they vanished in the "bako" and he shot a nice one. The same day in late afternoon a very good 12 1/2 harnessed bushbuck was in the salt. Two days later in afternoon we saw a lone bull roan,after one hour stalking herve shot, the front leg!! we got the blood trail and found him not far, a second running shot slow him down,the 3rd shot dropped him... Now we were on buffalo again, we tracked many herds without success, no good bulls, could not get a shot, too far, not luck. Finally we got close to a herd of about 30 animals, they were heading to an open plain I knew, we left the herd and run to take place in a open. He shot the buff at 30 m, that was great.... Hervé bagded a red flanked duiker an a big 24' lelwel hartebeest. We saw Derby Eland, Leopard and plenty of game. Nice hunt, nice man, good time....

p1030593-jpg.2588

Attachments

• P1030593.jpg
    P1030593.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 1,462
  • P1030750.jpg
    P1030750.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 424
  • P1030632.jpg
    P1030632.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 423
  • P1030694.jpg
    P1030694.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 389
  • P1030611.jpg
    P1030611.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 402
  • P1030730.jpg
    P1030730.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 386
  • P1030829.jpg
    P1030829.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 396
  • P1030800.jpg
    P1030800.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice trophies indeed, Sounds like a great time

Good looking trophies. That hartebeest is a beautiful animal. Thanks for sharing.

nd

Wow!! That 1st buff just has "the look" of a NW buff.. And a beautiful roan & harnessed bushbuck. Hell, the whole safari was an overwhelming success!!
Congrats to Christophe and his hunter.

WOW !!! Classic trophies !! congratulations Herve.

Monish

Christophe,
you must have had lots of fun hunting with Herve - a very eager to learn and work character. I have been lucky to hunt with him once and it was a good experience to have someone really into the wholesome experience. Well done on a great hunt you guys. Cheers,

Hi Shallom,
Yes we had good time and fun. He told me that you hunted together in Tanzania ( small world).
Shallom one of my friend from SA is looking for Roan and Suni in Tanzania, any advice ???
I start hunting Tanzania mid july for 6 hunts...
What about you?
Cheers

Bwana...
small world indeed - especially our hunting universe. Unfortunately I do not have roan in my areas, but can assist if needed with a couple of partner Outfitters. The best place for Roan these days is in the western concessions. Rungwa eco-system being the preference with still reasonable costs. Moyowosi and Rukwa also have good specimens, but the costs are at premium. For suni, I do not think there is a better option in Tanzania than what i have to offer. I am so far 100% on suni and have some "monsters" to choose from. The area i use has one of the densest populations I have ever seen or heard about. When fully focused on suni, we can encounter between 5 - 10 pairs per day. No calling, just trekking through forest or waiting by waterholes and forest openings. Let me know how i can help.

Can't wait to start the season again, although am very disappointed in the lack of structure by the government here and no concrete future plans for the industry. Still waiting to see what happens, but the environment looks like it is not going to change much for the better of the wildlife and us hunters. Cheers for now,

Hi Shallom,

let me give you the details of the hunter. It is Mr Peter Flack from SA, he wants just eastern roan and livingston suni. peterflack@mweb.co.za
What's going on in Tanzania!!!!!!
cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!