AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
I am not going to talk about the trouble in CAR, you all heard what is going on there. The only thing you should know is that we were the only safari company working this year and it is really a pity. I really hope that most of them will come back next year.

I saw many Bongos this year. We had 50 trail cam in the bush and of course there is a lots of pictures of Bongos (coming soon).

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Back to the bush. The first hunter, a good friend of mine from Mississipi was looking for another Bongo. I was very confident as January is a very good time. But not this year, the weather was really bad, very hot, big rains and thunderstorms every 2nd day, the end of the rainy season was 3 months late... bad luck... The last day of the hunt we saw 19 bongos by the salt lick, no shooter in the herd... But I am so happy that Pemble shot that " MONSTER" roan 331/2, should rank 6 or 7 SCI.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Herve from France came along to look for Bongo and Leopard. We had 5 hunting days !!!! So we went quickly where we saw the herd with Pemble and he shot a beautiful 32" bongo bull out of herd of 24 animals... Shot a big Tom and a buffalo by calling... great time.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Peter, from South Africa came also for 5 hunting days, for Lord Derby Eland, such a nice man and hard hunter, very hard... I was not very lucky because the day before he arrived I had an accident in which my foot and ankle were run over by a 4x4 !!!!! I was in a bad way and almost unable to walk.... so stupid!!! I took some pain killer and medecine to be able to walk and hunt... despite the pain I had 24 hours a day Pet got a great Eland and the biggest harnessed bushbuck I ever seen in CAR 14 inches.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Braulio and Jose from Mexico had good time, nice and friendly guys, fun... They both shot a nice Bongo...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Mike, from San Antonio was the last hunter I hunted with this year. He was looking for bongo... The weather was terrible, lots of rain, it was not fun in the machan and of course mosquitos were plenty!!!! He was not lucky as he made a bad shot on the bongo, we tracked the wounded animal for 6 hours in the forest and finaly lost it, what a shame, but that is hunting and sometimes it can happen. We saw some more but could not get a shot. I hope he will come back one day because he was a great MAN.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Here are some Forest Elephant pictures from CAR I want to share with you.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Enjoy the pictures and please feel free to ask for details about CAR and hunts.
Remember we still have some slots available for next year.

Cheers
Christophe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update on your season in CAR, glad that all went well. I am sure it was not an easy decision to go on and perhaps quite stressful as well.

As always thanks for spoiling us with your stories and insanely incredible pictures Christophe!

Hope your foot gets better soon, glad you went to get it looked at and treated by a doctor in Bangui, an infection in your foot is a very serious affair... these sort of things can kill you rapidly.

By the way I wanted to ask, does Bongo taste good?

All the best for the rest of your 2013 hunting season!

Mes amities,
Jerome

Thanks Jerome,
well my foot is better now, I can walk without pain but still can't run....
Bongo meat is great, we try to avoid baiting leopard with.....
cheers

many great photos Christophe and happy hunters
that a great show of effort hunting in such an isolated area with a busted foot mate , tuff as nails .
your hunter must of appreciated your loyalaty
is it hard to get trophies out car and into Australia?
id really like to taste this bongo back strap......

Sounds like a tough season, thanks for the pictures. That roan is a GIANT, very good genetics.

Congrats on making the best of a tough season Christophe! Do you normally see so many elephant? Excellent photos as always!

Bluey, no it is not hard to get the trophies back to Australia. This year we had 3 hunters from there, all shot bongo ...
Here is a picture of one of them.

watermark.php

These elephants are from the south west of the country. From Bayanga salt lick (national park), there is about 4000 left. I wanted to share the pictures with you because it is quite unusual to see forest elephant. Still some good tuskers.....

cheers
christophe

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrsitophe,
great to hear your alive and well and hunting hard as per usual.

As we have come to expect from you...
some outstanding Trophies as well as extroadinary live game pictures.
You truely do hunt a unique and very interesting country.

Best wishes for your continued success and well being.

Paul.

Thanks Chrsitophe for posting some great pics I still want one of those ugly Giant Forest Hogs. Glad your season turned out ok and I hope you foot is getting better. Bob

Thanks for the info Christophe. The long ivory on those "little" elephants looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg