Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NFA ,CSSA NRA, CCFR
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Canada (BC, Alberta Nunavet) Texas, New Mexico
Heres a few pictures of my Caribou hunt in Nunevet with Northwest Adventures on Contoywa Lake
IMGP5112.JPG
IMGP5128.JPG
IMGP5142.JPG
IMGP5106.JPG
IMGP5112.JPG
IMGP5128.JPG
IMGP5142.JPG
IMGP5106.JPG
IMGP5127.JPG
IMGP5137.JPG

nice caribou spooks, colourful foliage this time of the year .
not much cover for a close up stalk ,mate .
how long was your shot ?
do they cook up good ?
thanks for showing us ,mate

First one was 125 yards second was 295 yards.
They taste very good
Beautiful Country for sure, but thank god there was a breeze most of the time, the sand flies where bad,

would that be a barren ground caribou ,mountain or labradour?

excuse my ignorance ,but I wouldn't know >>>>
ive been invited on a barren ground hunt next month ,but im too tied up with family commitments for the next 6 weeks .
not that l could afford it after our African adventure last month

Thanks for sharing Spooksar!

Bluey the are barren ground

This us a hunt I hope to do someday.

Congrats, Fantastic animals and great shooting... What was you caliber choice. As CAustin said, it's one of my future hunts as well.

Congrats, Fantastic animals and great shooting... What was you caliber choice. As CAustin said, it's one of my future hunts as well.

shit hot ,35 . if its compatible I will do it when you do ,
know a bloke that knows a bloke that cant do it next month and the whole deal is going cheap , including the airplane tickets.

First one was with a 270 WBY, second with a 30/378 WBY. I ended up with dirt in my rifle that jammed it, I borrowed my hunting partners rifle to shoot the second one. Need to remember a muzzle condemn, ended up with sand on the bolt face, it wouldn't close. My partner shot his then I grabbed his rifle and went after mine.

Well done Spooksar. I sense an AH group caribou hunt in the making.

Caribou? Sounds like fun. Let me know if some extra room comes available..... Might be possible.
Not to derail the thread. Nice caribou. Congrats. Looks like a good time.

First one was with a 270 WBY, second with a 30/378 WBY. I ended up with dirt in my rifle that jammed it, I borrowed my hunting partners rifle to shoot the second one. Need to remember a muzzle condemn, ended up with sand on the bolt face, it wouldn't close. My partner shot his then I grabbed his rifle and went after mine.
Nice job Spooksar, two good looking bou's. When I go off hunting there is always a piece of black electrical tape over the muzzle, that way nothing gets in and there is no need to take it off before shooting.

Great job!!!!

Caribou are def high on my NA list....

Reminds me of the first hunt I ever made outside of the US when I hunted with Jack Hume in Quebec. I'm not familiar with Nunavut so I googled it to find out it's a new territory of Canada in the Northwest Territory. They listed several types of caribou there. Is yours a Barren Ground Caribou? the same as found in the Northwest Territory, and different then the Alaska/Yukon Barren Ground Caribou?

Reminds me of the first hunt I ever made outside of the US when I hunted with Jack Hume in Quebec. I'm not familiar with Nunavut so I googled it to find out it's a new territory of Canada in the Northwest Territory. They listed several types of caribou there. Is yours a Barren Ground Caribou? the same as found in the Northwest Territory, and different then the Alaska/Yukon Barren Ground Caribou?

Just FYI Northwest Territory was split. Nunavut is a NEW territory. :)

I think Spooksar said he was Barren Ground hunting. They are the same variety as Yukon and AK.

Congratulations on two nice bulls.

Beautiful scenery.

Thanks for the photos.

AH Group Hunt? Sounds fun.

Barren ground caribou, same as Yukon and Alaska

Moer!! Thats it Im sold. I dont even have kids yet and I already know that Im scrapping their College fund in favour of me going to hunt Caribou. My ultimate dream hunt is Moose, Elk and Caribou in Alaska.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg