Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ABO, SCI, SABA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, United States
Hi guys,

Thought I'd post a pic of a big Blue Wildebeest I took today, quick stalk ended in a 42yard quartering away shot, the arrow entered just to the right of where my sight bracket is in the photo and stopped in the far shoulder. The 550gr arrow tipped with a 130gr Muzzy 4-blade out of my 80# Carbon Matrix penetrated the whole length of the body before being stopped by the far shoulder.

That is some serious penetration on an animal this big...

All the best,

Engee Potgieter

Attachments

• Archerytalk.JPG
    Archerytalk.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 190
A long shot for a very nice Wildebeest INGOZI, thanks for sharing your bow set up with us!

Wow. Looks like a pretty severe quartering away shot.

Nice shoot my friend congrats on a successful hunt! Thats a nice looking wildebeest.:D

Thanks a lot guys, had to take the shot I got as the bull was wounded by a previous client and he was already losing condition. Knowing the anatomy of an animal helps with such difficult shots.

Engee My Friend
What an awesome looking animal buddy. That has to be so cool. Of you guy's may think the same thing about our animals here thought too. But nice shot buddy ! Such an awesome looking animal.
The matrix did it job well. And i comend the shoot too. :) That Wildebeest seems like it would one tough animal. And such gorgous coloring though very awesome my friend.
Donnie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.