Cape Town Rifle friendly Hotel

davidfbowers

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
RMEF, SCI
Hunted
RSA
We are heading to Kimberly RSA to hunt plains game and then heading to Cape Town for Memorial Day weekend at the end of May. Any Cape Town rifle friendly hotels that will secure your rifles? Any pointers for Cape Town? Thanks

Will you be flying back to Jo'burg before going to Cape Town? If so, there are a number of outfits who will store your rifle for you until you get back to Jo'burg. It will cost you some $, but I think I'd rather have my rifle locked up in a nice safe and have a receipt in my hand, then to have the rifle "disappear" in Cape Town and have to explain that to SAPS when trying to leave the country.

There are regulations in regard to rifle storage. You can't legally travel around with one as a tourist when visiting SA. Check with you PH and get his recommendation re Storage.
Cape Town is an excellent choice. I always stay in Camps Bay.
If Table Mountain is clear of clouds GO STRAIGHT AWAY. It can change in hours and never be clear again.

I hunted buff and PG for a week last July, then my family joined me for another week of photo touring and a Cape Town tour (which was fantastic btw). My PH stored my guns for that week and met us at the OR Tambo Delta check-in with my rifles for our departure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg