Can't ship trophies in same box from SA to Texas?

oldhoward

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
HI all,
I just received this message from our outfitter and shipper:

Notice on the invoice it is stated that Howard and Nicholas trophies are to be packed in one crate, this is not allowed into Texas.

Each client to have his own crate.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks,
Howard

When I was there in 2014 that is what they told me. The US wants to get their info correct and that per shipment charge:(
Tom

I believe so but there are much more knowledgeable people on this site that should be along soon to answer this for you

That is what they told me.
All of our animals were shipped in one crate and I was the only name on it and the paperwork. :)

That is what they told me.
All of our animals were shipped in one crate and I was the only name on it and the paperwork. :)

Works until you get caught ... pay the extra shipping/clearance for two crates!

You are correct except I only brought back a couple of animals that my daughter shot in my crate. May not be correct but much less trouble and cost.
My next hunt will be by myself so it will not matter.

We can share crates into Canada. The US changed the rules.

http://www.africahunting.com/thread...-one-hunters-trophies-in-a-shared-crate.3799/

An older reply:

Subject: Sharing of crates

We have been advised by a number of Clearing Agents in the USA that multiple hunters sharing a crate is becoming a problem primarily due to a US Customs issue and based on security reasons.

Every consignee should have their own AMS House Bill of Lading, whether ocean or air. Currently, for ocean it is mandatory that they be separated and there are Importer Security Filings (ISF) that must be transmitted to US Customs 48 hours prior to vessel departure.

To be 100% compliant in ALL ports, each hunter should have his own trophies in his own crate on his own House Bill of Lading.

There are certain ports that still allow multiple clients per crate however this IS going to change.

We are now going to pack each client’s consignment in his own crate to avoid any problems.

My limited understanding is that swine and primates (possibly felines as well?), are to be shipped / permitted separate from antelopes/zebras, etc., according to USA import regulations.
If that is so, perhaps you have a warthog or baboon skull with your shipment?
In any event, with these pig / monkey shipping restrictions, at least you can rejoice that Billary Clinton will not likely be hiding in your antelope box.

I had full mount Baboon shipped in same crate as other animals, I believe I had Giraffe, Kudu, Warthog, Impala, Duiker, as well as giraffe and Baboon skull all in one crate.

The warthog/swine if not mounted needs it's own box but it can be inside of your crate with your other animals.

Mounted or finished trophies are handled different than raw dip and pack ones are.

I had 2 Warthogs skins and head for shoulder mounts in with Impala/Kudu/Gemsbuck and such. This was in 2013. Did not have any problems.

Hi, there are no Warthogs or monkeys in the shipment. They put the billing on two different invoices, that may be the issue here. If so I am ok with that.
Thank all of you who responded I really appreciated your help.

Howard

Sir if you have two customers they are to be in two different crates. Unless all the trophies are invoiced to you they are correct. This has been my understanding on all my safaris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois