Canada Customs - clearing skull mounts

Nine.Three

Reaction score
Hi everyone! After having a greatly successful and enjoyable hunt in northern Namibia last June, I have finally got email that my crated trophies have arrived in Windhoek (at Pronto) for shipping. They will ship by air to Calgary.

I must say that I have enjoyed every aspect of my plains game safari from pre-hunt to post hunt thus far. This final aspect, that of my receiving my trophies and clearing through Canada Customs, have my forehead beaded with sweat from worry. In the AH forums, I have read with great interest and trepidation on this topic (Brickburn et.al.).

So can anybody help me out with the latest information on:

1. Who is the best (most safari friendly) broker to use in Calgary...or whether I should even use Calgary (though I live here).
2. What the latest is on the fees being levied and what they are levied on. I am certain that only the bill for skull mount taxidermy will be in the shipment. Not the trophy fees paid.

Thanks everyone! By the way, here's an update from me on my looming big bore addiction (see thread in forums on same). I am now the happy owner, shooter of a gateway caliber....the .416 Rem Mag in the Winchester M70 Safari Express!

Hi everyone! After having a greatly successful and enjoyable hunt in northern Namibia last June, I have finally got email that my crated trophies have arrived in Windhoek (at Pronto) for shipping. They will ship by air to Calgary.

I must say that I have enjoyed every aspect of my plains game safari from pre-hunt to post hunt thus far. This final aspect, that of my receiving my trophies and clearing through Canada Customs, have my forehead beaded with sweat from worry. In the AH forums, I have read with great interest and trepidation on this topic (Brickburn et.al.).

So can anybody help me out with the latest information on:

1. Who is the best (most safari friendly) broker to use in Calgary...or whether I should even use Calgary (though I live here).

There is an excellent local suggestion in this thread.
http://www.africahunting.com/threads/shipping-to-canada.4921/
If you have finished trophies there should not be any issues.

2. What the latest is on the fees being levied and what they are levied on. I am certain that only the bill for skull mount taxidermy will be in the shipment. Not the trophy fees paid.

The invoice that accompanies your shipment should be the one GST is charged on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg