Can anyone tell me what happened here?

Big 5,

Do you have the photo of that moment ??????????

Monish

Big 5,

Do you have the photo of that moment ??????????

Monish

Monish,

As mentioned previously the photo of that encounter is indelibly imprinted in my mind as an unforgettable hunting memory. Any actual photos I have are subsequent to knocking him down with a single shot from my .375 H&H. At the time I shot that bull in 1994 my well used .375 H&H was the largest caliber rifle I owned.

Prior to that hunt my intention was to purchase a larger caliber rifle. But I was assured that a well placed shot from my .375 H&H would carry an ample dose of 'lights out' medicine. I now own several rifles of a larger caliber including a vintage Rigby double in .470 NE. Yet to this day my favorite rifle remains my trusty .375 H&H. We've had some great hunting adventures together over the years and it has carried an ample dose of medicine to put the lights out on a variety of game.

Big5

Big 5,

You are a lucky hunter to have taken a pachyderm at that close range ,& with the EMPEROR of all the calibers , The 375 H&H Magnum . It must have been a hunt of your life time . I am sure you must have shot the frontal brain shot with a 300 solid .
I am a ardent fan of this most versatile caliber , & have taken maximum of my trophies with it. Big bores are very addictive , I just have added a 460 Weatherby to my collection, tremendous caliber. Have a 470 boxlock (case hardened) by J. Rigby & a .375 H&H (flanged) dbbl side lock deluxe by Hollands .

Happy hunting !!!!

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross