AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
The state of California has introduced legislation that would make all ivory or rhinoceros horn illegal, even those exempt under current law. SCI California Chapters have written a letter in opposition of this bill.
AB 96, if passed, would delete the exemption provided by current law allowing the possession with intent to sell, or sale of, ivory from any elephant and other specified ivory bearing species, rhinoceros horn, or other body parts from these species that were legally obtained before June 1, 1977, or the possession with intent to sell or the sale of any such item on or after June 1, 1977, if the item was imported before January 1, 1977. The bill would ban completely the sale of any item made with ivory or rhinoceros horn, except antiques that can be documented to be at least 100 years old and which have less than five percent by volume of ivory or rhinoceros horn, and musical instruments manufactured before 1975 that have less than twenty percent by volume of ivory or rhinoceros horn.

Please reach out to your assemblymember and let him/her know you OPPOSE AB 96. If you don’t know who your assembly member is, go to http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/, type in your address, and the name will appear. Clicking on the name on that web site will provide contact information for that person. Please contact your assembly member for AB 96 NOW.

For more information on this bill, please read the following articles:
  1. AB 96 Article – La Prensa
  2. AB 96 Article – San Diego Union-Tribune
  3. Overview of Current Ivory Law Antiques Roadshow
  4. SCI Letter of Opposition
  5. Cover letter to the Assembly

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

It may be time for you Californians to move.;)

Oklahoma had a bill introduced this year just like it.. The author of the bill said "its because people sometimes lie about the age of the ivory, and call it pre-ban." I told him to ban all alcohol sales, because sometimes people lie about their age. I also told him he could have my old piano, since it would be illegal to own now. Luckily, the bill died a quick death in the system. Hope California does the same.

Last edited:
The weather is nice in California nice but it's expensive to live there and there too many environmentalist.

This is the future in all states eventually. Californicate is just one of the loopier ones. Coming to a state near you soon!

Yes I agree, New York and California are are always testing grounds. If you let it go there, it can spread.

Just when you think things can't get any crazier. I've had several opportunities where I could relocate to California. This along with at least 99 others why I would never do it.

Yes, but just not here.....I mean the nuts, not the good ones

You do know the country is peaked in the middle. All the nuts roll to out to NY and Cal

my wife and i moved from calif to idaho in 2007,made a good living but would never retire there.more political nuts than anywhere else.if you like hunting and guns,stay away from the republic of calif!!!

I moved to California in 2000, and had to move back in 2008. Eight years was FAR too long to live in the hippy state. God Bless Texas!!!!

Can someone introduce a bill to outlaw California as part of the United States?
I think we tried that about 150 years ago. It was called the "war of northern aggression". Don't think that worked out so well. Maybe we could sell it to another nation.....maybe the one to the south????

I think we tried that about 150 years ago. It was called the "war of northern aggression". Don't think that worked out so well. Maybe we could sell it to another nation.....maybe the one to the south????

California to the nation to the south and new York to the nation to the north.

We are already just Northern Mexico so why would they want to buy it. They already have taken it over and run it down. They move here(legal or illegal) because their country is bad for them and we have more to offer. Then they try to turn Ca into little mexico and demand the rest of us accommodate and cater to them. They do not feel the need to embrace the old fashion American values, like my family and my ex-wives family did, and blend in. We were once a "melting pot" nation. Now we are a nation of "entitlements" with a you-owe-me attitude of people who may or may not be here legally. As far as mexico. I just read they deport more people (most from South America) than we do. If I move to mexico I cannot buy and own property. Maybe we should do the same here for them. They have very tough immigration rules if you read them. They also will not imbrace people sneaking in and not going by their hard immigration rules. But here the vote grubbing politicians keep welcoming them legal(which is fine and the right way) or illegal.
Also mexico is not the only problem. It is the tree huggers and democraps in the state which are making it worse day by day. We will not get rid of them since all the economic takers out number the givers and the state gov caters to them so they stay in office.

Our "Fish and Game" dept is now called fish and wildlife. It has been run by a anti-hunter which helped the name change and focus of the dept. It is loaded with tree huggers and anti hunt and even fish people. They take our lic/tag money for all their song bird/tree hugging projects all while restricting the ways we can hunt, the areas we can hunt/fish, what we can hunt with(rifles/pistols/bullets etc) and even what we can hunt. We need to get rid of the whole dept and start over with sportsman/ladies in there as it was years ago. They do not even listen to their own biologist when making rules etc. Why even have them except for the fact they can say they have them.

End of rant and sometimes I wish I could move.....Or better yet move out the democraps/liberals/tree huggers and illegals from all nations

One day it is all going to collapse

my wife and i moved from calif to idaho in 2007,made a good living but would never retire there.more political nuts than anywhere else.if you like hunting and guns,stay away from the republic of calif!!!
Better add NY to that list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!