Cabelas dumping Sabattis on the market?

Understand perfectly about keeping a low profile as I too was a target for a while in a much different venue. I've found a large number of folks have no desire to hear what may be a different "truth" about certain subjects no matter how truthful the differing opinion is. I'll keep your email address for future reference if I need questions answered especially about DRs.
I do think overall that the posters here on AH are rung or two above most other boards as far as congeniality and camaraderie are concerned, even with differing opinions. That's why this is one of the very few boards I subscribe to and post on. I'm far from an expert on firearms, just many years of tinkering with them and I'm sure I've posted some items that many or maybe most don't agree with or I could have been completely wrong on but so far I haven't been flamed and I'm thankful for that. If I'm wrong on something and someone brings it to my notice in a professional way, I'll certainly rethink my position. I think that is what happens here on AH. I hope you enjoy being around here with us even if you desire just to lurk and only sporadically post. I certainly have learned and benefited from you thoughts and musings. Thank you!

Thanks again, Cliffy. Ellis Brown, the author of that book you have been re-reading, told me, after viewing some of the double rifle posts on another forum, that he one day may post what he had thought about posting earlier, that his experiences didn't agree with the opinions posted; ask how many double rifles they have regulated, (since they are such experts on the subject?) Point well taken; I thought the same thing.

Hi, I am new to your forum and find it very informative. I recently purchased a Sabatti 500 NE and alas it shows the shortcut muzzle grinding. I am trying to deciding to either return it or keep it and perhaps re-regulate it. I am in Canada and do not have the luxury of looking for another Sabatti that has not been butchered (Sabatti are rare here in Canada). I have Ellis Brown's 2nd edition and have reviewed in detail. My question is for Doubleriflejack; Can you properly re-regulate without installing a MID POINT regulation wedge? I was contemplating just cutting back the barrels (3/8"), bind up the muzzle area with the appropriate clamps and just change the regulation wedge until proper regulation was attained (with the final horizontal tweaking done last). Ellis does say in his book that regulation is easier with the mid point wedge. Since you have re-regulated a few Sabatti doubles I was wondering if you attempted re-regulation first without the mid point wedge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross