Bushpig At Last!

NUys

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Sometime ago I wrote how difficult and challenging hunting Bushpig with a bow can be; well after trying for a long time I eventually managed to outwit this difficult character and Oh what a feeling it was!

I eventually managed to bag one this month at 18 yards from a tree stand. It was a well placed double lung shot and the pig managed 20m before expiring. I can tell you that I have shot elephant, buffalo, hippo, etc. but I have never experienced the same kind of "rush" that I did after bagging this Bushpig with my bow. I was shaking so much that I thought I was going to fall out of the tree, not something I as an experienced PH likes to admit, but its fact!

If you like a challange I can highly recommend hunting Bushpig. You need to work hard, and have plenty of patience, if you want to hunt them properly, but all the time and effort is well worth it when you do bag one!

watermark.php

Malcolm Thomson
Partner - Leeukop Safaris

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations,
Killing it with your bow just makes it sweeter. They are definatly on my list for 2012.

Malcolm,

Congratulations !!! you got a excellent bush pig there, must have had been a fanatstic hunt...

Monish

That is fantastic Malcolm! Congrats!

Fantastic Bushpig!!!! A very hard earned trophy indeed! I tried for one this year and was unsuccessful....maybe in 2012

Nice Hog Malcom

WONDERFUL congrats... A very nice and rare animal to take with a bow...

Congratulations Malcolm
A bushpig with bow and arrow - great job and a nice and special trophy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.