Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34276807

Presidential guard officers in Burkina Faso have seized power in a coup, with reports of more than 10 deaths amid protests in the capital, Ouagadougou.

A close ally of former President Blaise Compaore has been named the country's new leader, state television reports.

The US, France and African Union (AU) condemned the coup in the former French colony.

Those killed were shot dead by presidential guard forces in the capital, a civil society group said.
The claim by the influential Balai Citoyen group could not be independently verified.

A medical source in the city's main hospital said three people had been killed.

An unknown number of protesters have been detained.

'Rise up'
The coup leaders have imposed a night-time curfew across the West African state, and have ordered the closure of land and air borders, AFP news agency reports.

The headquarters of Mr Compaore's Congress for Democracy and Progress (CDP) party were ransacked in Ouagadougou as news of the coup spread, it adds.

The AU and regional body Ecowas, the Economic Community of West African States, called for the immediate release of "hostages", referring to interim President Michel Kafando and Prime Minister Isaac Zida, who were detained at a cabinet meeting in the president palace on Wednesday.

Their transitional authority was due to hand power to a new government after elections on 11 October.

You just can't keep good dictators any more.:rolleyes:

You live by the coup.....

One more hunting destination down the tube!
:S Rant:

Think Global Rescue just got some work!!!

Think Global Rescue just got some work!!!

Read that all the borders were closed. If I remember correct the US embassy told Americans to shelter in place. Decent chance there are some people not getting their passport stamped when they depart the country.:D

There are some places in the world where it pays to have Global Rescue's deluxe package.(y)

Dangerous situation for Americans. Epically with who we have I. The White House

I hope there are no hunters there. Could get sticky.

Isn't this where Christophe is hunting and has anyone heard from him?

Isn't this where Christophe is hunting and has anyone heard from him?

Good question.... I think he is mainly hunting in Benin now?

Although I do seem to recall that he has hunted Burkina Faso in the past at some point?

Good question.... I think he is mainly hunting in Benin now?

Although I do seem to recall that he has hunted Burkina Faso in the past at some point?
I think your right and maybe I'm mistaken. At any rate I will send prayers his way. Hopefully he's sittin back drinking a cold beer somewhere and not mixed up in all of this mess.

Protesters just "attacked", "charged" the Hotel where talks were going on.
Not quite as smooth as some reported yesterday.

I'm following, if anyone hears anything...please update.

I'm following, if anyone hears anything...please update.
I sent him a pm but haven't received a reply. He could just be hunting too. I'll let u know if he ever sends one back.

Africa at it's best as usual. Gizmo, I told you last month, I wouldn't set a foot there.

Africa at it's best as usual. Gizmo, I told you last month, I wouldn't set a foot there.
You did too. That would be a baaaad situation to find one's self in.

Is Simon a man in the know?:D

Or just wise?:whistle:

I think he's just wise. Of course that all depends on how much rum and Coke he's had. :LOL:

In Africa, if you don't have your fingers on the pulse......you screwed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintingsolution

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you