Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada
As an off shoot of the previous 557 post, has anyone on this board actually built there own double rifle. Through another board's classified section I was lucky (or unlucky depending on how you view this) to aquire four .577 barrels and reamers. I also purchased a donor gun and some brass and bullets. My .577 project is going to become a reality. I hope it doesn't become a nightmare.

I also picked up a 500NE tube as well as a 577 tube from that sale. But I'm going to do a Ruger #1 for each of them. Now to find donor rifles for the conversions.

I also picked up a 500NE tube as well as a 577 tube from that sale. But I'm going to do a Ruger #1 for each of them. Now to find donor rifles for the conversions.

Did you purchase a contoured tube or a blank? I got two Obermeyer (?) and two Krieger barrels. If yours are blanks, what are your plans for contouring them?
Regards,

Look at NE and the single shot 577 NE thread. AussieSteve is going to have his rifle cloned I think. Sights are going to be different. Mine is a blank.

AkMike,
That #1 is a beast. What a great job. That is one heafty barrel.

AussieSteve says it's just under 13# with 2 mercury dampeners. It should be fun! It and when... I do the 500 NE it'll be on a strick diet compared to the fat boy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.