Buffalo Pictures

image.jpeg

Here's mine that I got with Jaco Strauss at Kwalata Wilderness. It was a epic three days of tracking after a very poor shot by me causing a grazing wound to its right shoulder. I think most other PHs would have given up tracking it. My hats off to Jaco on this one and trackers Joe and Ponie. I honestly thought we would never get him. He is on my wall now and every time I look at him I remember the hunt and the emotional ups and downs of the hunt.

First Tanzanian buff... was about to fall over, so a real mercy killing!! It had been mauled by lions... right eye completely destroyed, both inner back legs/ groin gashed deeply and multiple gashes on body. Would not have lasted many more days before dying/ becoming lion/ hyena fodder.
FIRST buff 2004.jpg

Mine isn't near the caliber of these bulls but I wouldn't trade him for the world.
image.jpeg

My buff and the Ranger.jpg

Old Dugga Boy Taken along the Elephant River Limpopo, SA. 15" Boss' taken with .458 Win Mag and CEB Raptor bullets on Dec. 2, 2015.

Mine isn't near the caliber of these bulls but I wouldn't trade him for the world. View attachment 53139
GREAT buff, Gizmo.... a lot of character in those horns... would love to know the story behind that worn done right hand horn!! Will look great in any trophy room...

GREAT buff, Gizmo.... a lot of character in those horns... would love to know the story behind that worn done right hand horn!! Will look great in any trophy room...
NICE going Panielsen!!! Awesome boss...

Mine isn't near the caliber of these bulls but I wouldn't trade him for the world. View attachment 53139
Your buff should be named Tea Kettle, as he has the handle and the spout, lol! He was a mean son of a gun for sure, so I would have called him that to his face while he was still standing though, Lol. He sure was wide with nice boss' as well, great job again!

Exactly!!!!

IMO, character is what a buffalo is all about!

Would I like to shoot a world record animal? Absolutely! !!! Would I like to shoot the world record buffalo? Nope!!!! I would rather have character and a worn old bull, even if he is big he won't be world record. I totally understand why Gizmo loves his bull the best. I'm the same with mine and love the worn left horn and shredded right ear.

When we werelooking at my bull and I noticed the ear I said, "I wonder what happened to his ear. PH respinse, "I don't know, but I bet he was pissed." If you look at my bull is was beginning to get skinny and was way past prime. Perfect. :)

Royal I've always digged your Bulls bosses. They show years of ass whippin marks. That kinda stuff is what I've always admired about particular buffs.

Always makes you wonder what all these old bulls went through in their lives for sure....

View attachment 53017

Here's mine that I got with Jaco Strauss at Kwalata Wilderness. It was a epic three days of tracking after a very poor shot by me causing a grazing wound to its right shoulder. I think most other PHs would have given up tracking it. My hats off to Jaco on this one and trackers Joe and Ponie. I honestly thought we would never get him. He is on my wall now and every time I look at him I remember the hunt and the emotional ups and downs of the hunt.
Is the left guy "our" Jaco ?
Foxi

1931505_157630314599802_3425385234269891715_n.jpg

12507348_169007530128747_3753371559800724608_n.jpg

Here are a few pictures of big Buffalo posted by AH member and outfitter Alex McDonald from McDonald Safaris in AH Photo Gallery. Thanks for posting them!

watermark.php

Cape Buffalo ~ Lebombo Conservancy, Mozambique
Seen on the first morning of the safari, this old bull was too good to pass up. A spectacular trophy hunted by a true gentleman of the field in Mozambique.

watermark.php

Cape Buffalo ~ Lebombo Foothills, Mozambique
A fine representative of the quality buffalo out of Southern Mozambique

watermark.php

Cape Buffalo ~ Lebombo Foothills, Mozambique
Great friends, Great trackers, Great hunting, Great Buffalo and a Great Experience!

watermark.php

Cape Buffalo ~ Lebombo Conservancy, Mozambique
A great representative of the the Buffalo that Mozambique produces.
Very nice! Impressive old boys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos! Better than shopping for shoes! :ROFLMAO: And I cannot lie....I like big bosses and deep curls. Better yet, worn down and broken. The uglier the better. :)

One thought after looking at all these buffalo pics...... I want to go after one!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg