Buffalo Hunt Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by richteb, Aug 16, 2009.

1. richteb

richteb AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SSAA,Military Pistol Club
    Hunted:
    Australia,Zimbabwe
    This is a question for all you guys/girls who may have hunted in Zimbabwe for buffalo in recent times. I am planning a trip there in 2011 for buff with Charlie Stanton. My question is what should I expect in the way of trophy size ? Goes without saying that the gods of hunting smile upon my efforts and give me the opportunity to take my intended quarry.
  2. wolfhunter2

wolfhunter2 New Member

Member of:
    NRA life SCI life
    Boddington on Buffalo DVD

You should get a dvd Boddington on buffalo it is very informative some of the outfitters he interviews hunt in zim. The ph I went with is the son of barry ducksworth one of the ph on dvd. I shot 38" but seen a number of bigger ones during the rest of my stay.
  3. richteb

richteb AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Australia,Zimbabwe
    zimbabwe buffalo

Thanks for that, I have ordered both Boddingtons dvds on buffalo just for that reason. But its always good to know other peoples experiences.
  4. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, DU, DSC
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania
    What area will you be hunting with Charlie Stanton? I assume in Zimbabwe reasonable expections are different for the various areas.

How long are you planning to hunt?, expectations decrease on a 5 day hunt as opposed to a dedicated 10 day buffalo hunt.
  5. richteb

richteb AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Australia,Zimbabwe
    Not sure what area the hunt will take place. This one of the thing I will be discussing with Charlie while he is in Australia early next year. My plan is for a 12-14 day hunt. This should allow additional time for plains game or potentially a second buff.