Browning x-bolt vs. winchester m70 ultimate shadow?

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hi everyone, I am looking at a couple rifles in the 325 wsm caliber. What are your opinions on the browning x-bolts and the winchester m70 ultimate shadow line? I don't have a lot of experience with the two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Voodooracer

Winchester. The new FN built rifle is one of the most "out of the box" accurate rifles I have seen in recent memory. CRF, good trigger, good customer service.
I have been logging customer experiences on this rifle for about 5 years now. I recommend it.
The Browning....light weight, light barrels. I have found them to be accurate, however not for any extended shooting. Not that this matters for hunting...lousy customer service. Push feed..if this matters to you.
I work on all of them , 5 days a week...for more than 30 years. I shoot them all. I hunt often. I use Mauser's or Mauser style actions.
Choose what fits you physically, (an often overlooked aspect), what points naturally for you and that you trust.
Luck ...Bill

Those are good points, I got to handle a winchester m70 just a few minutes ago and it fit me very well. I do prefer the crf when I can get it. That is good to know that winchester has good customer service.
Voodooracer

Can't comment on the Browning or the specific M70 you're looking at. But over the last few years I've bought three M70's, a FW in 7x57, SG in .300WM and a Safari Express in.375H&H. Love all of them and all have been fairly easy to develop loads for.

Thanks Phoenix Phil! That's great to hear, I think I will probably go with the model 70. I'm looking forward to using the 325 wsm caliber

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!