Browning Safari 7x57

Clayton

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
NRA: Patriot Life Endowment Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation: Life Member LA Shooting Association: Life Member, Gun Owners of America: Annual Member SW LA Rifle & Pistol Club: Annual Member
You people are not helping.

A very nice rifle but a bit too expensive for my blood! The wood looks great and it has the Browning embossed butt plate on the stock. Clayton you are the right person to get this rifle.

Just buy it and then take your wife out to dinner, they pain will soon be forgotten.

Jim you don't know my wife. That's who would be the recipient of the Browning!

I was going to suggest that you give the rifle to your wife at dinner.

Wow.....but can't help you.......suggest a very nice restaurant

Buy your wife a Mink Coat and wrap the Browning in it, tell her the rifle was free with the purchase of the Mink, but have a suitcase packed just in case she doesn't believe you,(don't forget to grab the browning as you run out the door)ducking everything she's throwing at you

Resistance is futile, buy your wife a nice 7x57. Than when the 404 Jeff Happens to be on the rack a couple down you only spending 2/3 of what hers cost. Just saying you hear well shoes, handbag etc was on sale that I saved so much buying (Insert a number) and You will have to take Her new 7x57 and your 404Jeff out to make sure that the african animal haven't developed being bullet proof:whistle: Yep we as a group aren't much help in talking you out of a new rifle.

Glad this thing just went off. Was in the middle of being told she's happy with her BAR '06 (it's served her well) and I do not need another gun. Especially for that price. The money would be better spent on a safari or even an Elk hunt for both of us. Hard to argue with that logic. She has this way of explaining things so clearly.

:V Dope Slap:We understand completely

Understand her logic BUT It's a Browning 7X57!!!
Too bad it's not the 275 Rigby - then I'd be in trouble!! LOL

Nice rifle but essentially a Mauser 98 in 7x57 for $8K. Better value elsewhere.

I owned the identical rifle in .308 with a much nicer stock. paid $650 with a scope. Traded it for something worth about $1000 if I recall. Those collectors are a bit too proud of their rifles if they think its worth more than $8000!
Here's the one I owned
P1000051.JPG

WOW. 8 large for a Browning Safari. Apparently there were less than a dozen 7x57's ever produced, but that is a pretty big collector's premium on what is essentially a $1250 rifle. Guns International has a 60's era 300 H&H (also rare) new in its original box for $3500. http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...-new-in-the-original-box.cfm?gun_id=100671570 That would be a far more tempting addition to the family for me.

I'm sure the price tag will keep it right where it is for a long time.

Those rifles runs from late 50 to late 70
In my opinion they are top quality
I own one in 270 and is extremelly accurate, after I got it from an american hunter I customized the stock to my needs, shavings some ounces of unnecesary wood (circassian walnut from Iran)and became my mountain rifle.
I did pay U$S 1500 for it and worth every single cent.
I also had the oportunity to buy one chambered in 300 H&H........but I gave up becouse it carries the magnum length action and weights a ton !!!!!
20150915_163204.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg