Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I thought I posted this but can't find it? Sorry if it is a repeat??

Anyway, does anyone know if visiting north Americans stock up with some of the great bullet offerings in South Africa, such as GS Customs or Peregrine, can we bring them out of the country? For that matter, can we buy them there legally?

From what I understand, as long as you have your temporary import permit you will be able to purchase bullets/ cartridges.
I would stay within the calibers on your permit, just in case.

Excellent, getting GS Customs into Canada was a long and expensive proposition. I thought this may be a cheaper alternative - just add the price of a safari!

Excellent, getting GS Customs into Canada was a long and expensive proposition. I thought this may be a cheaper alternative - just add the price of a safari!
Makes those Bullets a real Bargain

Just don't buy so many you end up with over weight issues on your way back.

Just don't buy so many you end up with over weight issues on your way back.
Hi Guys some tips ...put the bullets in your gun case to bring it up to weight .... I do that each time I fly out of RSA ....oh and don't forget the tax back at Joberg 14 percent back on your purchases ...just make sure the dealer writes your name and address on the invoice ...when you arrive in Joberg airport go to the customs desk and get your invoices stamped by customs then after checking you bags proceed thru airport security and then to the tax back reclaim area ...

Pheroze,
Just keep in mind that there are not many places where you can buy GS Custom off the shelf. GS Custom produces bullets on order, so be sure to order well in advance so that they are completed by the time you get here.
I've waited 4 months for an order before. Now, I just buy them in bulk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you