Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Bowhunting Waterbuck Shot Placement

Post your questions, comments or pictures relating to bowhunting shot placement.

Bowhunting Waterbuck
waterbuck_shot_placement_bow.jpg

Bowhunting Waterbuck
waterbuck_perfect_shot_bow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be after one of these on my next plains game rifle hunt! Would anyone care to comment on what defines a good Waterbuck trophy?

Will be after one of these on my next plains game rifle hunt! Would anyone care to comment on what defines a good Waterbuck trophy?

waterbuckcloseup_zpsb1c012d2.jpg

Attachments

• waterbuckcloseup_zpsb1c012d2.jpg
    waterbuckcloseup_zpsb1c012d2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 395
Wow Brickburn that is a wonderful looking bull. Can you tell me how large his horns are? Thanks in advance.

CAustin, he said 30 inches

E you cheated I was a going to make him go to Jerome's link and then guess.
Charlie. 28 inches meets Rowland Ward. I always wanted a 30 and I got one. As E said.

Look at those trophy judging suggestions. On this guy I did not have to estimate size. "I just knew".

317.JPG
310.JPG
313.JPG

this is my waterbuck , taken in 2010 ,with dries visser safaris , out of a blind
niko the p.h measured him at 29 .5
my sons p.h made him 31
and the taxidermist said he was 31.5
I just rekon he is one that I will be lucky to ever beat . not that im in a hurry.
hes been on the wall for 3 and half years now , and l still look at him and say WOW

untitled (1 of 1).jpg
My 2012 waterbuck taken in Limpopo with Bushmen Bowhunting Safaris. When it came in front of the hide at three yards I figured it must have been meant to be. I watched him go down in about 70 yards.

nice water buck jeff.
did you make your arrows for this hunt , mate.
not much fiolage on the shrubs mate .

It is always surprising to me that waterbuck is not higher on the wishlist of most hunters. I rate a waterbuck up there with the spirals. Although 28 is Rowland I personally think anything above 26 with real thick bases makes a beautifull trophy. And of course age is the number one factor, it always adds character.

waterbuck was right up there on my list , that first African adventure .
when we were lucky enough to harvest him , nico the p.h appolagised and said he will proberly be the only waterbuck ,I ever shoot ,as I will be lucky to top him .
in july l looked over all 4 waterbucks that we seen .
one of them took some turning away from ,I don't mind telling ya , piete.
they are a bueatiful animal , when they walk unaware , they remind me of a big samba stag.
heres the trophy photo.....

254.JPG

I'm a plains game hunting fanatic and I just love the waterbuck. It's a majestic animal for sure, tough as hell too. Just talking about them makes me so happy!:)

nice water buck jeff.
did you make your arrows for this hunt , mate.
not much fiolage on the shrubs mate .
Yes I made them, they are port orford cedar with old Bear razorheads on the business end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg