BOTSWANA: Kanana 2014

curdog

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I had the time of my life this past August at Kanana. I started researching my first Safari two years ago. I read allot of post on here. Kanana Safari kept rising to the top of my list as the best option for me. I contacted them and made a deposit for a hunt. I thought it would be a difficult process but Jason and Claire made it so easy. I arrived and was met by Claire at the airport in Maun. The drive from there to the camp was quick and interesting. Arrived in camp and met Jason and he showed me and my uncle who was with me as an observer the accommodations. The food and service were outstanding. I saw a lot of game and shot a great Gemsbok the first day. I also took a outstanding Kudu, Wildebeest, Zebra and Warthog. Jason runs a first class operation!! I felt at home the whole time. Everyone there made me feel really special Icant say enough. Claire took us to Ghanzi shopping and a nice lunch after the hunt. She also planned a bush walk with a local bushman that was really cool. Trying to figure out how to do it again. After the hunt we met a friend from home in Maun. Stayed at the Riley hotel then picked up a rented land cruiser and drove thru the parks along the Okavango Delta for 10 days. That was a fun excursion trip. We continued up to Vic Falls and Rafted the Zambezi. What a vacation!!!

Thanks Jason and Claire!!!

P8150031.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
kudu2.jpg
2014-09-21 20.14.37.png
P8180098.JPG
P8170075.JPG

Sounds like an exciting trip! Great animals as well. Sounds like you were there long enough to get to see the sights. Now you can be like the rest of us who spend every day reliving the experience and trying to get back!

Congratulations on the hunt and trophies.

Do you have any photos of rafting the Zambezi you care to share?

All the best.

I will post some soon. It was very challenging.. I drank allot of water…

P8150031.JPG

Sounds like an outstanding adventure! Love your warthog.

Outstanding Oryx and Wartie!

Congratulations. Sounds like you had some fun. I'll bet there was plenty of grass this year and looking at that Oryx picture you were in it.

Thanks for the report.

Excellent.
The warthog is my favorite but all your animals shown are beauties as well.
It is good to be a hunter.

Welcome to AH!

Sounds like a great trip! And I have no doubt you will figure out how to get back! :)

Self drive
Selfdrive.jpg
Self drive 2.jpg

Where I was at the Zambezi didnt have any rapids, but as fast as that water was moving I can imagine how much fun that would be!

That looks like a nice rental vehicle.

Did the company you rented the vehicle from have any issues with you crossing borders?

Did you drive into Namibia or Zambia?

Don't want to be nosey but do you mind giving a rough idea of the daily cost to rent a 4x4 in Botswana?

Looks like a great trip!

All the best.

Curdog that Gemsbok is nice. How many inches did he measure? Thanks for sharing your hunt report!

I forgot to ask what did the Kudu measure out to be?

Not trouble traveling to other country's. Rental was Approx 3500.00 including park and camping fees for 10 day x 3 people.All gear included just picked up food . Gemsbok was cow 42" not sure on the Kudu 55? Didn't care Jason measured the Gemsbok so that's why I remembered.

Thanks for the information on the vehicle rental. Will have to look into this one day.

All the best.

Not trouble traveling to other country's. Rental was Approx 3500.00 including park and camping fees for 10 day x 3 people.All gear included just picked up food . Gemsbok was cow 42" not sure on the Kudu 55? Didn't care Jason measured the Gemsbok so that's why I remembered.

YOu obviously enjoyed your hunt and that is what you were after. Inches are certainly not everything.
If Jason ripped out a tape and put it to the horns it had to be a big one. At 42 it sure is. Congratulations.
Some of us just use it more than others. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg