Bonjour from France

Solitaire

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Burkina Faso - Namibia - SA - CZ - France
First I want to thank you for this web site and all informations and also apologise for my poor english.
I'm posting from France near Paris and I try to hunt everywhere I can. In Europe of course, but also in western and southern Africa.
I usually use a 9.3x62 for culling in Europe and I like my 7RM for plain games.
I'm looking for a new trip, I'm not decided yet
Best regards

Welcome Solitaire and good luck with your planning. Is there one animal you desire to hunt in Africa above all others ?

My best wish today would be between Caffer Caffer and Bongo. You can tell that it's not the same thing, that's why I can't choose today. Another idea is working : Predators hunt with Cheetah, Leopard, Hyena ... We'll see

Bienvenu sur AH Solitaire! No need for an apology, just glad you joined and introduced yourself. I see that you have the bug for Africa as you have already hunted in Burkina Faso, Namibia and South Africa... I guess my question is somewhat along the same line as Code4, is there a specific species that you are after, a "must have trophy" for your next hunt or you just want to hunt an other destination?

Looking forward to your contribution and please share with us some of your pictures!

My best wish today would be between Caffer Caffer and Bongo. You can tell that it's not the same thing, that's why I can't choose today. Another idea is working : Predators hunt with Cheetah, Leopard, Hyena ... We'll see

Since you interested in Bongo, here is a great blog post by French PH Christophe Morio: Bongo, The Mythe

Here is a great post by PH Anton Lundkvist on Buffalo: Different kinds of Central African Savanna Buffalo

Here is post on Cheetah: Cheetah Hunting in Namibia

Keep us posted on your final choice and destination...

Solitaire welcome to AH...

Our french is not very good also...so you will fit in quite nicely on AH...

Cats and predators are a great things going these days...

With the 10 trips you have taken to Africa you are a seasoned hunter and will have some wise advice to offer...:)

I should add that Jerome has a leopard hunt available this year and at a very attractive price...look it over or send him a PM...:)

http://www.africahunting.com/great-...77-leopard-hunt-namibia-incredible-price.html

Thanks for your welcome.
About Hyena, I was in Namibia last July, and I take this picture. It's not a Hyena, but from the same family a "Protele" (Proteles cirstatus)

I didn't have opportunity on Cheetah ...

Attachments

• P1020046.jpeg
    P1020046.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 106
Welcome to AH Solitaire!!! if it's got to do with Africa you'll find it here. Best of Luck on your next Hunt.

Nice encounter, you don't see them too often! They are called also Aardwolf, the name means "earth wolf" in Afrikaans/Dutch. Unlike other hyenas, the diet of the Aardwolf almost completely consists of termites, other insect larvae and carrion.

And I learned it's protected when it was in my scope :confused:

Bienvenu, Solitaire.

Welcome to the forum Solitaire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg