Bolivian Wingshooting

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Bolivia has become a fantastic destination for wing-shooters, the shorter flight and the numerous birds make it a great getaway. The season is still going strong and runs through November. The number of birds in the air is astronomical, but unlike Argentina the birds lay down during the warmer part of the day, making for a great time to take a siesta. While Bolivia is home to both dove and pigeon populations, we do tend to shoot more pigeon in the area.

3 Day hunts are just $2,065 and 4 day hunts are $2,750. Shotgun shells are $14.00 per box, and gun entry is $50 USD or gun rental $65 per day. Bolivian Visa is required for entry.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
So you'll probably need more than one box of shells, right?

:whistle:

James...................that is a great offer. Bird hunting in South America is one of the best values in hunting today. Africa is great , but it takes more money to get there, and a lot more money for trophies and trophy care after the hunt. One doesn't bring back doves to mount, and the travel is about half of what it takes to get to RSA. Now that Copa Air flies from Las Vegas to Panama and on directly to Santa Cruz, Bolivia, hunters in the Western USA don't have to cross the country and go to Miami first. I think every bird hunter needs to, at least once, shoot all the shells he want to, and Bolivia is the right place to do it. I have been to Argentina 3 times, and it was awesome...but after my first hunt in Bolivia, I have never gone back.............Once again, great offer................regards..................FWB

Royal27...........looking at my journal, I see that I once shot 48 boxes of 20ga shells. That was my high. For one day. That evening I started the think about the basic arithmatic.....48X$14.......and I slowed down a little .......FWB

Hi Flatwater, thanks for your input. Bird trips are easy and fun and you get to pull the trigger as much as you want or till your pocketbook cries.

Royal we had a guy shoot 15K shells in a 4 day trip that is a lot of punishment and $$

A trip like this is definitely on the list, just not now....

And wow.... I did the math - $8400 in shells over four days!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg