Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA (2), NZ (2), UK.
Can anyone help me here with some info on these two species please.

What kind of home range do they have (if any), weight, tips for hunting them. Anything that will help hunt these members of the tiny ten.

Rifle will be a .243W.

Hello Code 4,

To start off with your gun will definitely do the job :)

I would say your best place would be is the Eastern Cape province. If you need help on a good outfitter for this area i can recommend you some.

Regarding how to hunt them -

Chasing them out of the thick bush by means of throwing stones , dogs or some people walking making a noise. Sometimes very early or late you can also just sit in front of a hill and wait for them to move about...

Cape Gysbok - It stands only 21" (45–55 cm) at the shoulder and weighs slightly more than 20 pounds (8–12 kg). The tail of the Cape Grysbok is almost invisible (4–8 cm). Males have short, sharp, straight horns about 8 cm long, which are smooth.

Blue Duiker - Blue Duikers stand around 35 centimetres tall at the shoulder and weigh 4 kilograms. Blue Duikers have a brown coat with a slight blue tinge – hence their name – and a white underside. There is a glandular slit beneath both eyes and a very slight crest between the ears. Blue Duikers have simple conical horns of 2 to 10 centimetres. Females don't always have horns.

regards , owen

Hello Code 4

Call JP Kleinhans he is in the eastern cape and hunts these species
every year he also has them both on his own farm.
Cell 0829299240

Thx for the help guys. Any more info would be good.

JP Kleinhans ! Isn't he one of those celebrity PH's ?

Well all I know is that he is a Big opperator in SA MOZ
But he has been on TV a couple of times.

Cape grysbok are hunted mainly at night using spot lights or very early in the morning and very late in the evenings as they are mainly noturnal animals. Seeing one in the daylight would be lucky unless you knew the haunts of a certain select few animals.

Blue duikers are usually hunted with shotguns on a driven hunt. As the little guys are found in very dense bush, a fleeting shot is best taken with the shotgun versus a centerfire rifle.

The eastern cape is the place to hunt both species.

Good luck!

Last question if I may. Do these two species have a range ? Is it measured in squ km's or hundreds of metres ?

I had question on cape grysbok? Are the permits for exporting it out of RSA limited? Do they vary by province?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg