Blair Worldwide Hunting - Thinking Booking With Them or Larry Heathington Read This!

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Blue Skies Hunting Adventures, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Blue Skies Hunting Adventures

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
    Blair Worldwide Hunting - Anyone Thinking Booking With Them or Larry Heathington Read This!

Blair Worldwide Hunting aka Jeff Blair and Larry Heathington have ripped off a family in the tune of $70,000. It is now coming to light that Larry Heathington has done this to at least 3 folks. I don't want any of you to lose money booking hunts with these gentlemen from Blair Worldwide Hunting aka Jeff Blair or Larry Heathington.
    Thanks!
    Brian

Blair Worldwide Hunting Report
    Blair Worldwide Hunting Review
    Jeff Blair Hunting Report
    Jeff Blair Hunting Review
    Larry Heathington Hunting Report
    Larry Heathington Hunting Review

2. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, DU, DSC
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania
    Jeff Blair and Larry Heathington

I have been following this fiasco on another forum. Jeff Blair should refund his commission and Larry Heathington should go to jail.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  3. Blue Skies Hunting Adventures

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
    I agree, In Wyoming a Man was arrested for doing the same thing Larry has, lets hope the same will go for him.
    Thanks!

4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    AG charges Broken Arrow man with fraud

Thank you for the information Brian.

Here is another one...

AG charges Broken Arrow man with fraud
    March 2011

BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - A Broken Arrow man faces charges of consumer fraud for allegedly bilking a number of people out of money with a hunting trip scam.

According to a press release issued by the Oklahoma Attorney General's Office Wednesday, James Adam Jenkins scammed more than $75,000 from hunters in several states.

Adams was arrested Tuesday after the AG's office filed three counts of unfair or deceptive trade practice in Tulsa County District Court.

The state says Jenkins used the Internet and magazine ads to solicit money from hunters to schedule, outfit and lead them on wild game hunts in western Oklahoma as well as in Colorado.

Attorney General Scott Pruitt says hunters from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri and Texas filed complaints against Jenkins.

The hunters say Jenkins accepted their money, then canceled the hunts without refunding any of the money.

In the press release, the AG's office says "Jenkins also does not have leases or permission to hunt the land included in the advertisement."

It goes on to read that "the investigation continues into a considerable number of other complaints with the possibility of additional felony charges being filed."

The Attorney General's Public Protection Unit has jurisdiction to investigater violations of the Consumer Protection Act throughout the state of Oklahoma.

Anyone with information or a complaint concerning suspected fraud can call the Attorney General’s Public Protection Unit at (405) 521-2029 or file a complaint online at www.oag.ok.gov.

Man jailed in hunting-guide scam case
    by Jerry Wofford

A man who is charged with scamming hunters whom he promised to take on hunting trips was arrested Tuesday, records show.

James Adam Jenkins, 39, was booked into the Tulsa Jail on three counts of unfair or deceptive trade practice in violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act. He was released on $9,000 bond later Tuesday, jail records show.

According to charges filed by the Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office, Jenkins told hunters from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and Missouri that he was planning deer-, elk- and quail-hunting trips for them in Oklahoma and Colorado. He is accused of accepting their money, totaling more than $75,000, and then canceling the trips without a refund.

The state also alleges that Jenkins did not have permission or leases to hunt on the land where the hunts were scheduled to take place.

Attorney General Scott Pruitt said in a statement that other complaints against Jenkins are being investigated and that additional felony charges are possible.

5. davidarizpe

davidarizpe AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    BBFT Mexico,SCI New Monterrey Chapter,IHEA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, USA, Mexico , Central America, Kyrgysztan, Scotland
    Old chinnese saying,,,,, NOT ALL OUTFITTERS ARE CROOKS,,,,,, BUT ALL CROOKS AT ONE TIME ARE OUTFITTERS.