Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
It seems that the momentum continues to gain for protection of our 2nd Amendment rights here in the U.S. Between the decision for a resident of Washington, D.C. a year or two ago and now this, I'd be a number of our states with very stringent gun laws are going to be spending time in court. New York comes to mind. Anyway, click here:

Maryland's 'good reason' gun law voided - Washington Times

A good win.

However the fight will continue to take away gun owners rights.

We all need to belong to the NRA.

While in Seattle i did help support the Bellview, Washington group.

Congratulations to my American friends. Please stay vigilant. We in Canada have just elected a government that has successfully repealed our long gun registry. It has cost the Canadian taxpayer over two billion dollars and not saved a single life. America has aprox. ten times our population so that would be about twenty billion dollars for you guys. Think about how many more police officers could be hired to keep us safe.Here I go, preaching to the choir.
Keep up the good fight, Mike

It is good news in a world filled with lots of bad news. I read part of what the Judge said, he sounds very sensible and no nonsense. Would that all judges had similar sense.

Congrtats on your small win, we need as many of those as we can get.

Congratulations to my American friends. Please stay vigilant. We in Canada have just elected a government that has successfully repealed our long gun registry. It has cost the Canadian taxpayer over two billion dollars and not saved a single life. America has aprox. ten times our population so that would be about twenty billion dollars for you guys. Think about how many more police officers could be hired to keep us safe.Here I go, preaching to the choir.
Keep up the good fight, Mike

Scrapping our registry is underway but we are far from rid of it. It still must pass the senate which it will since conservatives have a majority but once it becomes law Quebec is planning to legaly fight the destruction of registry data. If this is tied up long enough we are still at rist of a future government re-instating the registry. We are not done fighting yet and although this is a big win I think celebrations are a bit premature. Only when the data is gone will the registry be gone.

Great news! another win for us! We must stay vigilant and pay attention to bills coming up as we don't have a very gun friendly president at the helm!!!

You are right diamond hitch. Vic Toews has promised me personally that all records will be destroyed. Hopefully Charest in Quebec will be so busy trying to hold onto his job that this will slip right by.
Diamondhitch,I am guessing by your site name that you are from the west, probably Alta. Did you attend the African show in Calgary this winter? It was a great show with lots of great outfitters.Thanks for the reminder not to take it for granted that it is all over.
Cheers, Mike

Scrapping our registry is underway but we are far from rid of it. It still must pass the senate which it will since conservatives have a majority but once it becomes law Quebec is planning to legaly fight the destruction of registry data. If this is tied up long enough we are still at rist of a future government re-instating the registry. We are not done fighting yet and although this is a big win I think celebrations are a bit premature. Only when the data is gone will the registry be gone.

It may turn out to be a huge win. This decision was made in U.S. Federal court. I would guess that the state of Maryland will appeal, but they're now fighting an uphill battle. If they don't appeal or the decision is upheld it will have implications for all states since it was a Fed decision.

The first state that comes to mind for me is New York. I have a brother who lives in upstate NY. It's been awhile now but he had to go through a somewhat similar process to get a handgun as those in MD. As I remember what Ken told me was that when it was all said and done, a judge had to approve him before he could buy the revolver he wanted. And again IIRC, the judge could deny the permit and give absolutely no reason for the disapproval.

This sounds similar to the MD law where the citizen had to come up with reason to justify the purchase. The judge and rightfully so has now said our 2nd amendment rights are not conditional. I would have to imagine the NRA will be all over this and filing suit in NY and any other state with similar laws.

I live in Washington state which is a "shall issue" state, meaning unless you have a criminal or mental issue background and or convictions for same you cannot be denied a CPL-Concealed Pistol License. However when I used to live in Seattle, if you went downtown to get a license or renew it, they asked for and you had to provide a valid reason to have the CPL. I dont know if they still do this but it is not legal for them to do so but Seattle always was and still is a liberal, antigun rathole especially local govt. I moved out in '89 and came north to another county where I renew at the local sheriffs office and its a piece of cake! I hate liberals!

It may turn out to be a huge win. This decision was made in U.S. Federal court. I would guess that the state of Maryland will appeal, but they're now fighting an uphill battle. If they don't appeal or the decision is upheld it will have implications for all states since it was a Fed decision.

The first state that comes to mind for me is New York. I have a brother who lives in upstate NY. It's been awhile now but he had to go through a somewhat similar process to get a handgun as those in MD. As I remember what Ken told me was that when it was all said and done, a judge had to approve him before he could buy the revolver he wanted. And again IIRC, the judge could deny the permit and give absolutely no reason for the disapproval.

This sounds similar to the MD law where the citizen had to come up with reason to justify the purchase. The judge and rightfully so has now said our 2nd amendment rights are not conditional. I would have to imagine the NRA will be all over this and filing suit in NY and any other state with similar laws.

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Maybe someday flying through New York with firearms wont be a game of Russian roulette for us Canadians. I hate missing out on the cheap flights because of politics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,