Big Sable from Zambia

fairgame

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Last year I took a big free ranging Sable out of my Royal Kafue concession in Zambia. It scored very highly and made number 6 of all time. I have been told that it will be exhibited at the shows this year. The second photo is from the taxidermist studio.

Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png

sablemount_zps6461a058.jpg

Attachments

• sablemount_zps6461a058.jpg
    sablemount_zps6461a058.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png
    Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 358
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Sable indeed, congratulation

That Sable deserves a Full Mount Andrew. An absolute monster.

I look forward to visiting it in Vegas if it is there. What taxidermist?

Oh man......you have been illuminated by the hunters star no doubt......that monster is once in lifetime trophie......enjoy it for the rest of your life..........!!!!!!

Congrats.....good for you......!!!!

That Sable deserves a Full Mount Andrew. An absolute monster.

I look forward to visiting it in Vegas if it is there. What taxidermist?

When I say I took it I mean my client and good friend S. Rogers. Not sure of the taxidermist and understand it will be at DSC and Houston. That is all the info I have apart from it won some award.

When I say I took it I mean my client and good friend S. Rogers. Not sure of the taxidermist and understand it will be at DSC and Houston. That is all the info I have apart from it won some award.

walking someone in on a fine animal like this (specially a good friend )would be as big or even bigger gift as being the hunter

he is a bull of bulls, well done ,congratulations

What a trophy and deserving of a full mount, well done mate!

That big boy is a stud! How many inches is he?

I know you guided the hunt Andrew.

WOW....fantastic trophy...:)

Terrific trophy Andrew!

I feel the trophy belongs to you every bit as much as the client. For without you that beautiful animal wouldn't have entered your client's sights or fallen to the shot . . . . it's also a good thing your client shoots well. LOL

Congratulations to you both.

Chaps,

Thanks for the comments. The longest horn was 50 1/2 or 4 feet 2 and half inches. I had never seen this Sable before and he was taken one morning behind camp whilst looking for Puku. We were hardly going to turn him down and he was what we British would describe as a gift horse.

I say some gift horse sir! Congrats to everyone who had anything to do with putting him on the ground.

Mike will be looking for something similar to that in August,don't let Andrew anywhere near Takeri please

Not the first time I've seen pics of this sable and it still makes me say "wow." Well done Andrew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross