Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Hi guys... any one else out there enjoy being out on the ocean trying to catch the big ones?

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Been a while but I do enjoy fishing for the big guys.

Impressive.

Last time I went big game fishing was in Barbados and I spent most the trip chumming for sharks over the edge of the boat :Vomit: :P Fisherman:

Enjoy being out there but don't always catch the big ones.

Sailfish below (tagged and released)

And a Marlin that got away!! (Below)

Attachments

• Image 1_zps48tm2jip.jpg
    Image 1_zps48tm2jip.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Image_zpsurecpeoh.jpg
    Image_zpsurecpeoh.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Image 3_zpsjdqofiv0.jpg
    Image 3_zpsjdqofiv0.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
When I fished the deep sea I used to think THIS was the life... then when I went hunting... I thoiughtbthat was the life... mixed emotions... I haven't fishing for a while ( 3 x years), so I guess the hunting has won the race???

airborne sailfish.jpg
amazon fishing.jpg
Cabo striped marlin.jpg
me + yellow fin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures Bruce. That Marlin looks just about perfect for the fly-rod!

that finny looks delicious , bruce

Great pictures Bruce. That Marlin looks just about perfect for the fly-rod!
Absolutely... I tried for days to get them to take a fly... NOT INTERESTED. Then chucked out live bait... NADA. Swam up, knocked them around a bit.. literally dozens of marlin all around the boat following etc... eventually this one took a plastic on the troll!!140lber released back to the ocean..sailie also released... GLAD that sailie wasn't on the fly... gave me a hell of a fight on a light weight rod!!

Those are great photos and HUGE fish!
Thanks.. it was great fun catching them... most were released back into the ocean.. kept a few red snapper for the pot back at the Lodge!!

I think bill fishing is the life! I am going to hunt until my knees give out and then it will nothing but deep sea fishing for me. Strap me into the chair and lets go. Catching a marlin is the highlight of my fishing career.

I think bill fishing is the life! I am going to hunt until my knees give out and then it will nothing but deep sea fishing for me. Strap me into the chair and lets go. Catching a marlin is the highlight of my fishing career.

Yep. Billfish are infectious. I like your Philosophy.. But no need to wait 'til your knees are gone. Do both!

:P Boat: :P Fisherman: / :A Camping::P Elmer Fudd:

Attachments

• dtl_1_6_2015_7_47_20_zps9klglymx.jpg
    dtl_1_6_2015_7_47_20_zps9klglymx.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 132
Pics from Exmouth Western Australia

IMG_0043 2.JPG
P8200185.JPG
P8210202.JPG

love my deep sea fishing , I also keep a boat in Mozambique, fish there as often as possible .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross