Big Cats In Australia

Discussion in 'Hunting Australia & New Zealand' started by wayne1, Jul 4, 2012.

1. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    whats deliverence??

2. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    An old movie, late 60's or early 70's. Disturbing would have been a better title. Takes place in southern Appalachia in the eastern U.S. Amongst various disturbing scenes, Ned Beatty was forced by a hill billy to uh....act like a hog.....a hog that was being "serviced" by a boar. The boar being the hill billy.

3. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
    Squeal like a pig boy! LOL Nice job of delicately wording that Phil.

4. wayne1

wayne1 AH Veteran

Member of:
    Big Game Rifle Club Brisbane Queensland Australia
    Hunted:
    Australia
    Sorry Bluey. Phoenix Phil explained it perfectly. No insult intended. It was something that just jumped to mind. It was a disturbing film. Didn't also star Burt Reynolds. He was the bow hunter that put a cloth yard shaft through the offending individuals throat?

5. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    The Feral cats in Aus are huge! I was part owner of a Bow Hunting publication there in the late 80's and early 90's and the pics and articles submitted were astonishing. Feral Tabbies weighing 30 lbs plus?! They are a problem as they are wiping out several species of indigenous birds a years reportedly. The same goes for the Feral Foxes there too.
    Aus has several Feral problem animal species. Cats, Foxes, rabbits, frogs, horses, camels to name a few!

6. wayne1

wayne1 AH Veteran

Member of:
    Big Game Rifle Club Brisbane Queensland Australia
    Hunted:
    Australia
    I know what you mean Ole Bally. I lived on the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales and came across a feral cat which later weighed 29lbs. It took 3 shots from a 243w. The first one should have killed him, the second I thought really put him down. I went to pick him up and he took a swipe at me broken back and all. The final shot layed him to rest. I can only imagine what a leopard would do to you if you didn't show it the respect it's due.