AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Using some basic questions that I often hear hunters ask, it occurred to me that this may be a good thread to start because so many questions that I hear are very general and open to non specific answers.

QUESTION: What is your success rate for Buffalo?
BETTER QUESTION: What is your success rate for a hard boss trophy Buffalo on your 1x1 8 full hunting days Buffalo package over the last 2 hunting seasons?

QUESTION: When is the best time of the year to come hunting?
BETTER QUESTION: When is the best time to come hunting for Crocodile, … (list any species that would be a priority to you)

QUESTION: How is your Kudu population?
BETTER QUESTION: How is your trophy Kudu bull population?

QUESTION: Can you provide me with your clients' reference list?
BETTER QUESTION: Can you provide me with your 2014 and 2015 clients' reference list and point out the hunters who hunted Leopard with you.

Please share your QUESTIONS / BETTER QUESTIONS here!

Last edited:
Question: when is the best time of year to hunt Eland ?
Better Question: When is the best time of year to bow hunt your Trophy Bull Eland ? Forrest

or
of the 60,000 hectres you hunt ,how many properties is it and are they connected to each other ?
or do we have to travel some distance to get from one to the other .
and supply the size of each ,that we are going to hunt , before I/we get there
or
can you give the total bill in advance for this whole adventure, from pick up to dip and pack after you drop me/us of at the airport .
for everything we have spoken about ,without any surprises, this of course doesn't include any extras ?

or
of the 60,000 hectres you hunt ,how many properties is it and are they connected to each other ?
or do we have to travel some distance to get from one to the other .
and supply the size of each ,that we are going to hunt , before I/we get there
or
can you give the total bill in advance for this whole adventure, from pick up to dipp and pack after you drop me/us of at the airport .
for everything we have spoken about ,without any surprises, this of course doesn't include any extras ?

How much time is involved in traveling to concessions each day?
How many properties make up that 60,000 Hectares? Are they directly connected?

Are you licensed?

Which provinces or countries are you currently licensed as an Outfitter?
Which provinces or countries are you currently licensed as a Professional Hunter?
What are your current license/Permit numbers?

Is your concession fenced?

Does your concession have a perimeter fence and any internal fences?

Great tips, please keep 'em coming!

Not really a better question, but a good one to ask:

What do you consider a trophy animal? SCI Bronze minimum? A mature male?

This is a great thread for those of us that have never hunted with a guide/outfitter. Thanks!

QUESTION: How much do you charge for rifle rental?
BETTER QUESTION: How much do you charge for rifle rental and should anything happen to the rifle or scope during the rental period who would be responsibile for any cost associated with the damages or complete loss?

QUESTION: Do you take more than one group of hunters at a time?
BETTER QUESTION: At this time do you have any other hunters booked for the time period that I am considering coming hunting with you? What is the maximum number of hunters and non-hunting guests that you could have during the time that I will be there at your lodge? What is the maximum number of hunters that could be hunting the same area as me during my hunting safari?

Question: I looked at your trophy list are all the animals available on your property?
Better Question: What are the chances of getting a caracal? Do we need to get dogs? What are the chances getting a civet? You mean we have to get permits for a civet, we can't just hunt for one! You don't have them on your property we would have to drive here to hunt one. (A lot of outfitters have a big trophy list, just because they have on their list doesn't mean you can fly here and hunt one at the last second.)

Is your concession fenced?

Does your concession have a perimeter fence and any internal fences?
Do any of the properties you hunt run along international borders and are you licensed to operate on both sides should the need arise?

QUESTION: What is your cancellation policy?
BETTER QUESTION: Can you please supply me with your published Terms and Conditions and/or contract for review?

QUESTION: Can I pay by credit card?
BETTER QUESTION: Do you accept MasterCard or other credit card to pay for the remainder of the hunt and trophy fees at the end of the safari? Are there any additional charges for paying by credit card?

QUESTION: Should an animal from the hunting package not be taken will it be refunded?
BETTER QUESTION: Should an animal from the hunting package not be taken will it be refunded or credited based on the regular trophy fee or a discounted trophy fee? If so please provide me with the discounted trophy fee for each animal included in the package hunt. Also can I add species to my package hunt? Can I substitute animals in the package? What would be the cost of substituting the Warthog for an Impala?

QUESTION: Do you offer cull and/or non-trophy animals? What are your prices?
BETTER QUESTION: Do you offer cull or non-trophy animals on a regular trophy hunt? Can you provide me with a cull/non-trophy fee price list? Do you hunt them throughout the hunting season? From the list of cull/non-trophy animals can you let me know which species are more prevalent? Do you have a limit on the number of cull/non-trophy animals per species that one can take? Can any part (horns, tusks, skull, skin, hoofs…) of the cull or non-trophy animals be exported? If no part of the animal is exported do you charge a government tax and if so how much?

QUESTION: Is your price list for 2015 valid for 2017?
BETTER QUESTION: Should I make my deposit to book my 2017 hunting safari with your outfit before any changes are made to your current price list, will you lock my hunt in under your current 2015 published prices?

Side note: If the answer is yes than be sure to print out a copy of their current price list at time of booking as their website will more than likely change to show their updated pricing. Have them also send you a written confirmation including all pricing.

QUESTION: How big is your hunting territory?
BETTER QUESTION: What is the actual size of the hunting territory that we will be hunting on? And will I have access to hunt on that entire property?

QUESTION: What is the likeliness of me taking the animals on your package hunt?
BETTER QUESTION: Can you please tell me the percentage of chances per species of me taking the animals listed on your package hunt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg