shuter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.roboliveauthor.com
Media
Hunted
Oregon, Montana
Hey guys, I like Warne, but I know there are Talley's, CZ-brand, and others out there. Thoughts, for those of you who have 550's?

Thanks

I'm a Warne guy too and never had a problem. I'm sure the others mentioned are great also, guess I just prefer the price of the Warnes.

QD? EAW, I'm a big fan have had them on my 375 for more than a decade and they are awesome....

I'm a Warne guy too and never had a problem. I'm sure the others mentioned are great also, guess I just prefer the price of the Warnes.
And quality.

I have some Alaska Arms on a 375 Ruger. Great mounts but they are just a different design and I actually prefer the Warnes. But just personal preference. Got Warne QD's on my M70 416 rem mag and will put the screw lock Warnes on my CZ 505... Thought it was a lot of recoil for QD's...

And quality.

I have some Alaska Arms on a 375 Ruger. Great mounts but they are just a different design and I actually prefer the Warnes. But just personal preference. Got Warne QD's on my M70 416 rem mag and will put the screw lock Warnes on my CZ 505... Thought it was a lot of recoil for QD's...

And your scope, be interested in knowing how your scope holds up.

Well Phil the gun is still at Triple River Gunsmithing.. Hoping they will fix the feeding issues it has and smooth the action. I can shoot it at the range fine. It will feed ok if I move the bolt at an easy normal speed. But if I yank it back hard, the second cartridge will fly right out the top behind the first. And the reloading is a specialized operation requiring the first to be put in at a special angle and then slid back. Second and third go in fine.

And if any sideways, upwards or downward pressure on the bolt handle and it is very sticky. I actually brought it with to DSC and sent it with them... They were very accommodating about this and Mike seemed confident he knew what the problems are and how to fix them.

Triple River has been busy with shows so they asked for a few days yet when I called the other day.

I have only shot it open sighted so far. The Warne mounts are here waiting. Thinking about mounting my Trijicon 1-4 x 24 that I had on my M70 416 rem mag in Zimbabwe..... and thinking of getting a Leupold VX6 1-6 with German 4 Illuminated reticle for the 416... But now I have this RSM 416 Rigby to put glass on as well.... Temped to look at a 2 cheaper scopes like the VXR's, but in the other hand, I think I will prefer the scope I want to the money, longer term!

Also thought about a red dot or holographic.... Would love lots of advice and opinions!

Bob, I don't feel qualified to respond, but I will anyhow:) How about a scope like the Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x fixed power? I'm thinking that's the way I'll go if I get the CZ 550 in .458 Lott that I can't get out of my head. Small, light, great eye relief, inexpensive, Leupold tough, etc. 2.5x is plenty of power for a "stopper" too, I'd think. Thoughts? Here's the link: http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoo...alight-riflescopes/fx-ii-ultralight-2-5x20mm/
Well Phil the gun is still at Triple River Gunsmithing.. Hoping they will fix the feeding issues it has and smooth the action. I can shoot it at the range fine. It will feed ok if I move the bolt at an easy normal speed. But if I yank it back hard, the second cartridge will fly right out the top behind the first. And the reloading is a specialized operation requiring the first to be put in at a special angle and then slid back. Second and third go in fine.

And if any sideways, upwards or downward pressure on the bolt handle and it is very sticky. I actually brought it with to DSC and sent it with them... They were very accommodating about this and Mike seemed confident he knew what the problems are and how to fix them.

Triple River has been busy with shows so they asked for a few days yet when I called the other day.

I have only shot it open sighted so far. The Warne mounts are here waiting. Thinking about mounting my Trijicon 1-4 x 24 that I had on my M70 416 rem mag in Zimbabwe..... and thinking of getting a Leupold VX6 1-6 with German 4 Illuminated reticle for the 416... But now I have this RSM 416 Rigby to put glass on as well.... Temped to look at a 2 cheaper scopes like the VXR's, but in the other hand, I think I will prefer the scope I want to the money, longer term!

Also thought about a red dot or holographic.... Would love lots of advice and opinions!

QD? EAW, I'm a big fan have had them on my 375 for more than a decade and they are awesome....

I have talley on the cz .375 at the moment but have to agree that I heard that the EAW are as good as it gets.

I have talley on the cz .375 at the moment but have to agree that I heard that the EAW are as good as it gets.

Quite correct Marius, they are pricy at around $300 $400 for bases and rings but they are incredible.
If I recall correctly I had to have a little machining done to fit them on my ZKK (if I recall correctly)
But knowing what I know now I'll stick to them..

My best always

I'm partial to Warne. Got them on a 6lb Tikka lite 300wsm with a very heavy Leupold Mark 4 LR. Never moved zero

I have Warne medium height on both of my CZ550's - 375 and 404 jeff. Very happy with them. One has a Leupold 1-4x and the other is a Zeiss 1.2-5 power.

Count me as another vote for Alaska Arms. Simple design and works well.

I put some Warne 1" medium QD rings on my ZG47 .30-06 seven or eight years ago and they have worked perfectly. Perfect repeatability when removed and replaced at 100m test distance, scope does not creep and ... both those rings and the non-QD rings that I have on my Brno Model 4 are the easiest to set up that I have ever used.

As a carpenter and former Territorial Force Royal New Zealand Engineer, I learned long ago that:

if you find something that works, you should stay with it;

and use any excess energy/time/money for more useful purposes than trying to gain an extra few per cent of alleged efficiency or simply trying to be different.

I put some Warne 1" medium QD rings on my ZG47 .30-06 seven or eight years ago and they have worked perfectly. Perfect repeatability when removed and replaced at 100m test distance, scope does not creep and ... both those rings and the non-QD rings that I have on my Brno Model 4 are the easiest to set up that I have ever used.

As a carpenter and former Territorial Force Royal New Zealand Engineer, I learned long ago that:

if you find something that works, you should stay with it;

and use any excess energy/time/money for more useful purposes than trying to gain an extra few per cent of alleged efficiency or simply trying to be different.

Another thing I like about Warne rings is they don't tilt the crosshairs when tightening like horizontal split rings

I also like the Alaska Arms Mounts, had them on my CZ 375
P1000948.JPG

Another vote for Morris with Alaska Arms. If I remember correct he guarantees 1/4 MOA everytime you take off and reattach the scope.

Another vote for Morris with Alaska Arms. If I remember correct he guarantees 1/4 MOA everytime you take off and reattach the scope.

Do Alaskan's know how to party down or what !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg