Best Hotels for Dallas Safari Club Convention

Discussion in 'Hunting Conventions, Shows & Events' started by Heym 88, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Heym 88

Heym 88 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    DSC
    Hunted:
    US
    Since this coming Dallas Safari Club Convention is going to be my first one. Can you convention veterans give me an idea of the best hotel to stay in. Preferably with transportation to and from DSC convention. I get to lazy to drive.
  2. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    I stay at the Omni, it's close has nice rooms and good service, it is attached to the convention building so very convenient as well...

My best always
  3. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    We use the Magnolia-Dallas that is a couple of blocks from the convention and they have a shuttle bus right out back next to the restaurant we hold the DSC/AH dinner at. Easy way to go to dinner and then be in bed in 5 mins :)
    Magnolia rooms have always been good and even at @$150/nite we like it and after a lifetime of living in hotels 3 to 4 nites a week I'm VERY particular.
  4. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Forgot to add-Heym88- plan at least a min of 2 full days to get around the show, 3 is better. Would like to meet you there so keep in touch.
  5. Heym 88

Member of:
    DSC
    Hunted:
    US
    Hey Guys..the Omini was booked so I got three nights at the ALOFT Hotel .2 miles from the convention. I think I can walk two tenths of a mile LOL.
  6. Heym 88

Member of:
    DSC
    Hunted:
    US
    Cliffy I did that before I read your post..thanks for your help. As long as were all there.what the heck. Thanks Jaco as well..I guess I was a little slow deciding to come and Omini filled up pretty fast.
  7. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    That 2 tenths may be longer than you think Remember it's a TEXAS 2 tenths of a mile! Texas miles are longer
  8. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    :clap::clap::clap: